Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD blue/black/aero with tow and FSD.

Order #6xx. Reserved mid 2017 - waited until specs were confirmed.

Amended initial order to add FSD then tow.

Cash purchase. Low value trade in. No one seems to think trade in makes a difference dates wise.

No vin allocated yet (even in code). Still drafting contract - must be a pretty big contract ;)

Would like to get car before mid August but July would be better! Seeing how many are collecting today, hopefully any early niggles will be sorted by time ours is PDI’d.

Wow. 2 Rams supporters both with same car on order! It’s my wife’s car (and she is the supporter) but it’s my LR battery, tow hitch and FSD!

• Love
Reactions: RamsfanJim
but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reservation date counts less than the order date or other factors, for example.
It depends. Of course if you have an old reservation and you don't order at all they're not going to block VIN assignment for orders that have more recent reservations, so if you're unlucky and you order just after they have assigned all the VINs of a boat they're not going to kick someone else and grab back the car to assign it to you and leave him VINless again and shuffle everything around. You're not in the queue for VIN assignments before you order.

As far as I can see the only ways to lose a VIN once it's assigned are to change the configuration, to refuse to accept an appointment within a certain time window, to refuse delivery, or to have something happen to the car --defect that can't be fixed in the delivery center, or a car that is lost in transit or misshipped to the wrong country (yes, that does happen, and not always because of Tesla; the transport companies for the cars pulled off the boats aren't Tesla).

But once you have ordered, my impression is that they'll assign your order a VIN first if you have a day 1 reservation -- if they can find a matching car.

Last edited:
OK, mixed news - spoken to Tesla (got through in a few rings, which is about 2 hours quicker than last week!). They hadn't processed my email confirming finance, so are now updating my account - but said that wouldn't make any difference to delivery as VINs aren't assigned until they reach this country.
He said realistically other than Heathrow, deliveries will not be until late July - they match cars to orders when they arrive in this country, so couldn't confirm whether mine will be in next batch - depends on specs vs orders; but they are honouring all LR orders.

I doubt that's very accurate: some people reported VINs here well before the trucks that transported them from the Grand Dahlia in Zeebrugge had crosses the channel tunnel. But yes, they're not assigning VINs until the cars are close to Europe.

I can only report what I was told - can't vouch for accuracy...

Also - my 'Your Model 3 Order' page has now changed (from 'We will contact you for delivery')..
It now shows Delivery Location ticked, Trade-in ticked, Payment Method ticked, then Registration greyed out (I scanned in my licence previously). Is that right ? It feels like they have lost some information (again)...

BTW, CTRL-U to show the source code, then search for 5YJ3. If you have a VIN that shows, it's showing you the car based on an assigned VIN rather than based on the reservation, and you know you have a VIN assigned, regardless of what Delivery tells you (only it's not official yet).

BTW, CTRL-U to show the source code, then search for 5YJ3. If you have a VIN that shows, it's showing you the car based on an assigned VIN rather than based on the reservation, and you know you have a VIN assigned, regardless of what Delivery tells you (only it's not official yet).
There is actually a setting in the source for 'show vin' or similar.

All kinds of interesting in there tbh. A hidden form for signing up to early access, providing insurance, confirmation of your selected delivery center. You know, if you get a kick out of reading HTML and JavaScript. Or can't sleep.

• Funny
Reactions: sixela
I ordered on 1/5/19, LR AWD in white with black interior and 19" wheels, filled out all the info on my account page and haven't heard a peep since. Nothing showing up on source code page so just having to be patient I suppose.
July delivery would suit me fine as Energy Saving Trust is processing my loan, that's not a quick process either :D

From Robert Llewelyn’s Twitter picture there were at least four P+ cars at Heathrow earlier today, two white, a blue and a black one (can tell they are P+ from red brake callipers and wheels). Does appear to be a bit of a lottery on who is getting allocated cars though most seem to be through Heathrow.

First post here.

I reserved around 09.00 on 31 March 2016, and ordered on 6 May 2019, with order number in the 2000s.

Its LR AWD, silver, with FSD, no finance, no trade in, collection by Heathrow.

Based on all of that, I was hoping to be one of the first, but been checking source daily and no sign of VIN yet.