Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else still on 20.4.4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Relatively new model 3 owner (2 months) and don't have a lot of experience with the update process. I did get an update since I bought the car, but it's been on this version for a while. I know Tesla rolls out updates over a period of weeks, and I guess certain cars may not get a particular software version because of the car's particular hardware.

I've seen a lot of people on a few newer software versions for a while now, and I was starting to wonder if an update had passed me by. Just curious, I can wait patiently...

Thanks!

I got updated 2 weeks after purchase to 20.4.4
Then nothing until I called my friend (mobile service person)...asked what I had and he checked.....HD3.0 and 20.4.4
He then pushed out 28.2......downloaded and everything went like clockwork......

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Chill people! 24.4 is the latest full release. 28.1 went out to early access and was immediately followed by 28.2 due to bugs. Now 28.2 is being released to early access to check out before releasing to the rest of us.

Be careful what you wish for unless you want to be a bug tester.

Thanks all. I can wait patiently. :)

That TeslaFi link was interesting. looks like 1.5% of the fleet are still on my software version, 20.4.4, with most vehicles being on newer software. But the link shows an interesting smattering over lots of versions.

Thanks!

Relatively new model 3 owner (2 months) and don't have a lot of experience with the update process. I did get an update since I bought the car, but it's been on this version for a while. I know Tesla rolls out updates over a period of weeks, and I guess certain cars may not get a particular software version because of the car's particular hardware.

I've seen a lot of people on a few newer software versions for a while now, and I was starting to wonder if an update had passed me by. Just curious, I can wait patiently...

Thanks!

I am on 20.4.4. Performance model, June 2019 build and always connected to WiFi overnight. Stats app says we are 3.8% of the total, but I have no idea of their sample or population.

28.2 is not early access. It’s going to wider fleet. We have it on one of our 3s, but still on 24.4 on the other 3.

28.2.5 just started going out, and that one does appear to be early access.

No rush though. Updates are coming to all.

From what I have seen on EV-FW it appears most 28.2 have gone to S and X and fewer to 3. There was a brief push but then slowed again. As you say 28.5 is now trickling out.

I'm also stuck on 20.4.4 for the past month. Car is connected everynight wifi with full bars. Prior to 20.4.4, I was getting updates as soon as wide roll out was reported in Tesla Fi. Not sure why 24.4 was pushed to us. Did they forget our Vins?