TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone get 'the text' yet?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Calisaar, Jun 14, 2019.

1. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

"nothing" doesn't sound right.

is your MyTesla showing your "RN" number, for your order, and also at least these documents:

Order Agreement
    Booking Invoice

If there is any request to "Fill in this form" (details of Registered Owner, copy of their Driving Licence, that type of thing) then that may be holding things up

Presumably you won't be seeing a "final invoice" (because I would expect a telephone conversation to precede that ...) but you might? :)

Might it be that you were out when Tesla called? Seems they have been phoning to ask "Are you on holiday at XXX or would you be able to take delivery then".

If you have literally heard nothing I recommend you call them (be prepared to be on hold for a hour or so :( )

2. navt

navt Member

Also check your contact preferences in Your Account. You may have inadvertently enabled DND.

• Like x 1
  3. goRt

goRt Member

A number of us had the Order Agreement removed 2 weeks ago to update to the new pricing, since then I've had no response to emails and the agreement has not re-appeared.
    I know, it's Telsa and I should expect this...

4. WannabeOwner

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying.

Doesn't make it right though ... every poor-performance solution like this results in Customers phone up / emailing / "What's going on"-ing, and that costs Tesla support-time/money/effort and negative PR.

The bit I don't understand is why they don't fix it ...

5. Calisaar

Calisaar Member

There are a fair number of posters on facebook that got no call at all but got the '20th June' delivery text. Seems the call may be linked to some order specifics.

My Order Agreement disappeared too and I'm SR+ so don't have any price changes. I have a copy so it's not a concern.

• Like x 1
  6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

Do we know any significance to our order agreement disappearing? Also had name briefly (few hours) disappear from the "'s Tesla" welcome. Apparently everything all in order paperwork wise.

No VIN visible. Reserved Aug 2017, Order #6xx 1 May AM. Added tow hitch 17 May to LR AWD blue/black.

7. vitesse

vitesse Member

West Drayton SC peeps said some people had already collected their M3s at the weekend?

8. WannabeOwner

A bit geeky, but you can check SOURCE CODE for the Webpage and you may find it there (i.e. before it appears in any actual DOCs). Search for "VIN"

Something like this

,"showInsuranceBlockInNextSteps":false,"vin":"5YJ9x9xx9xx999999","insuredVIN":null,

9. fakoriginal

fakoriginal Member

Nothing in terms of zero change since I filled in all of the requested details about registration weeks ago. Stuck at 'preparing contract' with the same RN from April 2016 and no VIN. No missed calls.

10. goRt

goRt Member

Exactly, all totally avoidable, handled in Amsterdam so not the first country that a release has taken place.

11. kicha

kicha New Member

wooooow.....I am jealous.. enjoy ,mate.. couple more days..make sure you post some pictures....

12. dazjdash

dazjdash Member

Just got my text - collect 9am on Friday 28 June - about 2 weeks earlier than I was expecting!
    Now got 10 days to sell my current car (eek!)

• Like x 3
  13. davidmc

davidmc Member

Where you picking up and whats your order number please:)

And congrats ;)

14. fakoriginal

fakoriginal Member

Congrats!

Still no text.

Bitter in Bristol.

• Like x 2
  15. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Member

Just got the text - collecting LR AWD from London Heathrow on the 28th June at 12 noon. Reserved 31/3/16, ordered on order opening day. Obviously a quarter end push is what's occurring.

• Like x 4
  16. dazjdash

dazjdash Member

Collecting from Dartford - can't remember when I put the reservation in (it was at least 2 years ago) and order was placed on 9 May - order number was somewhere in the 3000's from what I recall.

• Like x 1
  17. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

Obvisouly some people have decided to change their orders. Either that or Tesla is promising a little and delivering a lot (or early rather). Just got a text to say pickup from heathrow at 13:00 on Saturday 29th June. Original date was 2nd week of July.
    I ordered a red SR+ with FSD.
    Reserved 1st April 2016 and ordered 1st May 2019. Not sure how to find my order number.

• Like x 3
  18. dazjdash

dazjdash Member

As a slight aside - anyone know when (and how) you get the reg number so that insurance can be sorted?

19. -DB-

-DB- Member

I take it all who got a text today already had a vin allocated in the source code?

Seems to be a better selection of cars as some people with texts are SR+ and not P models as first thought. Unless they are from the next ship potentially arriving tomorrow?

20. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

It seems odd that someone with a 3xxx order number would be in the first batch, but Tesla's selection process is more than a bit inscrutable.. I'll just have to assume there's method in the madness..

• Like x 1