Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a current Model X owner scheduled to take delivery of a stealth M3 on Friday. Like many in this thread, I was motivated by my sales advisor to take delivery prior to quarter end for the (1) two free upgrades and (2) 2 years of supercharging.

The sales advisor now tells me that the free upgrades are cancelled. My issue is that I am bordering the line for a state tax credit and need a very minor cost reduction. I'm willing to give up the 19 inch wheels to get there, but the sales advisor is unhelpful.

Does anyone have advice on getting in touch with someone at Tesla that can be helpful? The deceptive sales practice is annoying. I am considering canceling my order over this, very unfortunate.

If it helps
When I was in the buying process I was told any free deviations (the ones that were offered but no longer are) the state would still look at the price pre-deviations so you cannot get free wheels on this car and not have the $1500 be counted by the state as the total car price if they have a cap.
Had discussed back and forth with multiple people at Tesla and assured this had come up before and in Mass at least there was no getting around it
If you paid $49000 for a $51000 car it was still a $51000 car in the eyes of the state and would not qualify for the rebate

So since I don’t think you are going to get anywhere asking for the free deviations which have now been cancelled; this May at least make you feel better about the situation

If it helps
When I was in the buying process I was told any free deviations (the ones that were offered but no longer are) the state would still look at the price pre-deviations so you cannot get free wheels on this car and not have the $1500 be counted by the state as the total car price if they have a cap.
Had discussed back and forth with multiple people at Tesla and assured this had come up before and in Mass at least there was no getting around it
If you paid $49000 for a $51000 car it was still a $51000 car in the eyes of the state and would not qualify for the rebate

So since I don’t think you are going to get anywhere asking for the free deviations which have now been cancelled; this May at least make you feel better about the situation
That is helpful - thanks.

Does anyone have advice on getting in touch with someone at Tesla that can be helpful? The deceptive sales practice is annoying. I am considering canceling my order over this, very unfortunate.

Call the toll free number. When prompted, enter you zip code. This will send your call to you delivery center. Talk to this person about what you ordered and what you were promised and see if maybe they can help.

If it helps

I can confirm that my Order Agreement shows the full sticker price of the car, even during delivery. The discounted price is only reflected in my Loan Agreement and perhaps full MVPA.

So technically it should only be possible to hit under $50k as a "purchased price" with a base M3P- in Pearl White with 18s.
Call the toll free number. When prompted, enter you zip code. This will send your call to you delivery center. Talk to this person about what you ordered and what you were promised and see if maybe they can help.
If you have a OA/SA assigned to your car, the delivery folks can't really do anything. I tried when I was doing the back-and-forth to get the discounts.

I bought my car back in April of 2018 and just so people are aware it may not be much for the average person to get the 2 years FSC
I have made many road trips in almost a 1 1/2 years with 33k miles on the car and so far I have repacked up a total of $454 in charges.

Most people I would guess will not even have that much in the entire 2 years of free charging UNLESS, they choose to waste their time just because its free instead of charging at home overnight where it is most convenient, I do understand that there are a few who do not have access to home charging and they are the exception.

I bought my car back in April of 2018 and just so people are aware it may not be much for the average person to get the 2 years FSC
I have made many road trips in almost a 1 1/2 years with 33k miles on the car and so far I have repacked up a total of $454 in charges.

Most people I would guess will not even have that much in the entire 2 years of free charging UNLESS, they choose to waste their time just because its free instead of charging at home overnight where it is most convenient, I do understand that there are a few who do not have access to home charging and they are the exception.

While I agree that 2 free years does not get you much, it is a nice to have incentive. Knowing that I can go on a road trip of any distance and not have to pay anything in terms of charging cost (not to say that charging costs are expensive to begin with) within those 2 years is nice.

For those that taken delivery recently with the "2 years of unlimited supercharging" incentive, does this offer show up in your MVPA?

Or does it still say "Supercharger Network Access + Pay-as-you-go $0.00"?

If so, when will it get reflected in one's account? Thanks!

For those that taken delivery recently with the "2 years of unlimited supercharging" incentive, does this offer show up in your MVPA?

Or does it still say "Supercharger Network Access + Pay-as-you-go $0.00"?

If so, when will it get reflected in one's account? Thanks!

From what I can tell. It seems like everyone is sitting in a pending approval state.

i am going to guess everything will be approved when the promotion ends...October 1st.

I am a current Model X owner scheduled to take delivery of a stealth M3 on Friday. Like many in this thread, I was motivated by my sales advisor to take delivery prior to quarter end for the (1) two free upgrades and (2) 2 years of supercharging.

The sales advisor now tells me that the free upgrades are cancelled. My issue is that I am bordering the line for a state tax credit and need a very minor cost reduction. I'm willing to give up the 19 inch wheels to get there, but the sales advisor is unhelpful.

I got the same runaround on my Model 3 SR+ that I took delivery of last Tuesday, September 17th. Placed my order on September 6th about 5 days before these incentives rolled out. I was told that I could qualify for the feature upgrades by the sales associate I was working with as I hadn't taken delivery of the car and then after switching insurance and canceling my delivery appointment was told 3 days later that I did not qualify after all so had to switch everything back again which wasted quite a bit of my time (as well as tried my patience). I'm "supposed" to get the 2 years of free supercharging miles on or after October 1 but I'll believe it when I see it. What I have learned is that the local sales associates (as well as service reps) may have good intentions but don't pin your hopes on them delivering anything "extra" (in this case my sales rep told later that they got into trouble as a lot of people abused the current promotion so central purchasing took it all back under their control and cut the sales associates out of it). Get the car because you want the car. Best not to have additional expectations.

I picked up my car today...I was told I have 2 years supercharging. Didn't even bring it up. I think they added this to those of us that waited quite a while... 6 ½ weeks for me.

Sorry not sorry for those of you that waited less than 2-3 weeks and didn't get this bonus.

You can still potentially get the free upgrades but you have to play the game. Order a white car, black interior, 18” wheels. If you can take delivery by end of month and they don’t have one in stock they will try to match you to a VIN that is close but will comp whatever upgrades are there.

Of course if they have a white/black/18 in stock there’s not much you can do about it, but in general these seem to be hard to find so you have a good shot at getting the upgrade if you tell them this is what you want.

As for the two years of free supercharging, please insist on getting this in writing. Anything a Tesla rep tells you verbally means absolutely nothing.

You can still potentially get the free upgrades but you have to play the game. Order a white car, black interior, 18” wheels. If you can take delivery by end of month and they don’t have one in stock they will try to match you to a VIN that is close but will comp whatever upgrades are there.

Of course if they have a white/black/18 in stock there’s not much you can do about it, but in general these seem to be hard to find so you have a good shot at getting the upgrade if you tell them this is what you want.

As for the two years of free supercharging, please insist on getting this in writing. Anything a Tesla rep tells you verbally means absolutely nothing.

White with black interior is pretty plentiful in my area... White on white on the other hand is not.