Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a delivery text??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same text this morning, it's the first time Tesla had contacted me since I placed my AWD order in June. But I have some concerns about the build/paint quality for the September rush month. I'm not in a rush to get the car, should I wait till the October builds?

I got it too.

Funny because I live in SW Virginia and was driving up to Richmond on Friday. I saw a car carrier in the truck weigh station near exit 150 and I was hoping my car was on it (okay, still about 170 miles to the delivery center in Richmond, and it could have been going further north...but still).

Soooo, fast forward to that text and suddenly it become almost plausible! I emailed my delivery person (I'd had to decline a prior delivery d/t travel). Hoping to hear a response soon. But, if it's a Sat/Sun delivery I may be in trouble as my credit union won't be open to cut the final cashier's check. Fingers crossed anyway.

Saw a 'fud' article talking about 'desperate incentives' to get sales before the end of the quarter. Like $100 supercharger fees. Um, that's not desperate. Desperate is if they decide to double their offer on my trade in and drive it 180 miles to my house for a home delivery...

Blue AWD, Non-P, black premium interior, aero wheels, no EAP. Delivery in Richmond, VA.

Same except Red! Not sure what to make of the text! called the Roswell delivery center and they seemed confused when I mentioned the text.

Very interesting the text thread and the responses are a lot of Georgia buyers. I went by the Roswell delivery center since I live nearby in Crabapple and they said they didn't have a single AWD on the lot (but tons of RWD). Spoke to scheduling center and they said they have a ton of cars in transit to GA.

Very interesting the text thread and the responses are a lot of Georgia buyers. I was at the Roswell delivery center since I live nearby in Crabapple and they said they didn't have a single AWD on the lot (but tons of RWD). Spoke to scheduling center and they said they have a ton of cars in transit to GA.
Yay? hoping for delivery this weekend but not expecting to happen!
Ordered on 8/11, Red, LR AWD, 19" Black interior, EAP.

Very interesting the text thread and the responses are a lot of Georgia buyers. I went by the Roswell delivery center since I live nearby in Crabapple and they said they didn't have a single AWD on the lot (but tons of RWD). Spoke to scheduling center and they said they have a ton of cars in transit to GA.

I got the text last night as well, and I live near Boise ID. Not sure if that means anything...

I got a delivery text this morning also. Kind of last minute if you ask me. Was asking if I was able to take delivery 9/26-9/30. Today is 9/26. Paying cash so I would have to get that all sorted out. Also doesn't help that I'm going to be out of town from the 28-30.

Received the same message last night and replied right away. Silence since. I have really given up. Already had an aborted delivery. Time to ask for my money back. The new BMW being revealed formally at the Paris auto show this week looks like a great alternative with none of the hassles, uncertainties and machinations of Tesla.

Just got a reply: “Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery.”

Funny because I specifically said I could take delivery today or tomorrow but not this weekend. Oh Tesla...

Same here - from 501 area code. Received this morning at 10:02 - replied immediately, but no response yet. Unlikely delivery will happen so quickly since I'm in Dallas and state law requires me to pay for the car before it can be shipped (I think). Silver AWD (Non-P), 19", EAP.

I got it this morning and am also in Dallas. Not likely they have cars waiting here as Starsky says, they can't inventory here and you have to pay in full before shipment. I will pay cash and this note did convince me to make the transfer from my brokerage acct to my CU so I'm ready (could take 3-5 days), but I'm not expecting to be driving a Tesla by this weekend. I did reply to the text several hours ago and have not received anything since then.