Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a delivery text??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery.”

Same as @Data . Interesting that they seem to have just a few people processing these (judging by the few canned responses), but they do not seem to be region-specific.

The delivery texts are happening so they can gauge interest to redirect cars this week for a weekend push. i.e. those cars that can't make the train will probably be transported by truck carrier to the nearest delivery center if someone can be matched and will buy it. Of course, the original intended recipient will not get their vehicle and will probably be put back in the production queue.

So, if you got a text, congrats, you (partially) won the delivery lottery. Unfortunately they will have to get a car to the DC which may or not be possible.. plus there are probably a few other people who got the same text so you have to further win the follow-up draw to be picked from that group.

Having fun yet?

“Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery.”

Same as @Data . Interesting that they seem to have just a few people processing these (judging by the few canned responses), but they do not seem to be region-specific.
Just got the same text as well about an hour ago! looks like delivery may happen!

Seems like an AWD EAP 19" party in here.

Yep. Atlanta as well, BTW. I received the first text at 11 am. Replied 'yes' and received the follow-up "we will reach out" reply at 2:30 pm.

MSM, black interior, AWD, 19", no reservation, ordered on 7/29/18. These texts are the first I've heard from Tesla since I placed my order.

I won't be available Saturday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe Sunday could happen. That place is going to be bonkers this weekend.

Whoever decided on the wording of that text should be fired.

"Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"

That sure sounds like I and everyone else who received it should be able to get cars this weekend. If it turns out to be nothing more than a logistics push to get as many sales by 9/30 as possible, and I'm sure it is, there are going to be a lot of angry people.

Change the wording of that text to something that doesn't get everyone's hopes up and I think people would be more understanding when it doesn't work out.

"Our logistics team is trying to place as many cars with matching orders as we can. If we could get a matching car to your delivery center between 9/26 and 9/30, would you be able to take delivery? Note that we cannot commit to being able to deliver you car, this is simply an attempt to determine feasibility on your part."

I'm sure that has issues as well, but it doesn't sound like they put too much effort in vetting the wording of that text.

That sure sounds like I and everyone else who received it should be able to get cars this weekend. If it turns out to be nothing more than a logistics push to get as many sales by 9/30 as possible, and I'm sure it is, there are going to be a lot of angry people.

It's clear from this that Tesla doesn't care about angering customers. Of course it's a big logistics push. Read through the lines.. observe what's happening. It's pretty clear they are trying to shove inventory to people at any cost, including pissing off loyal, patiently waiting customers.

My car has been 'in transit' for the past few weeks. How is that even possible??

Yep. Atlanta as well, BTW. I received the first text at 11 am. Replied 'yes' and received the follow-up "we will reach out" reply at 2:30 pm.

MSM, black interior, AWD, 19", no reservation, ordered on 7/29/18. These texts are the first I've heard from Tesla since I placed my order.

I won't be available Saturday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe Sunday could happen. That place is going to be bonkers this weekend.
Same here it seems like everyone that has gotten these text in ATL has optioned for black interior. Something that has been missing from most AWD delivers.

Another datapoint:

Text last night at 10pm central.
“Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?”

Replied yes immediately.

Text today at 10:56am central.

I’m in St Louis. I reached out to my DA. She seems to be as in the dark as everyone else.

Another datapoint:

Text last night at 10pm central.
“Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?”

Replied yes immediately.

Text today at 10:56am central.

I’m in St Louis. I reached out to my DA. She seems to be as in the dark as everyone else.

Better than the 2nd text I received -

"Thank you for your quick response! We appreciate you confirming you are available. We will contact you shortly once we get a firm date from our logistics team."

Got this text this morning.

Called the delivery center and the woman apologized and said thousands of texts were sent out by mistake. I replied yes, but haven't heard anything.

Received the same message last night and replied right away. Silence since. I have really given up. Already had an aborted delivery. Time to ask for my money back. The new BMW being revealed formally at the Paris auto show this week looks like a great alternative with none of the hassles, uncertainties and machinations of Tesla.

What is their solution for supercharger network? Think about going for a vacation without one.

Man all this is making me really re-think Tesla as a whole. These tactics to rush and get the best possible quarterly quotas at the expense of customers experience is hard to swallow even for a hardcore Tesla fan like myself.
Indeed I'm no longer excited to own a tesla in the future, but worried about owning as tesla in the future. Everytime there is a problem lately it seems like screwing the customers is the answer.

Red Paint is hard jack up the price, still too hard! Jack up the price more. Oh they like AWD and we built too many RWD (likely because most people selected RWD because they wanted to be sure to get a car before the end of the year and had no idea what AWD would cost, then decided to switch based on delivery date estimates and price when they opened the floodgates) Hey lets jack up the price on AWD! Alcantara headliner is too nice, lets switch to premium textile (huh?)

Delivery Plan so stocks will go up a fraction of a percent:
Get everyone delivery dates then cancel all the deliveries we can't make.

New Plan:
Don't confirm delivery dates but ask the question because it won't piss people off as much when they don't get their car as it leaves uncertainty, but might prevent people from canceling deliveries.

• Disagree
Reactions: Skateboardgolf