Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Guess How Many Pre-orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But what if there was a pocket of pent-up demand from Tesla-owner-wannabe families (with kids, there's tons of them) but for whom the Model X was simply out of reach?
Yup me too. What stopped me from getting a 3 was because of the size. My wife actually told me to get a 3, but I decided against it. I literally woke my wife up at 6 o'clock in the morning to ask her if it's ok to pre-order the Y. Haha she answered yes quickly and went back to sleep. The Y just makes sense for us. Since we have a second baby coming in June. It's bigger than the 3, but cheaper than the X.

Convinced my husband to order MY finally last night. We both loved the look, size and drive of his Audi Q3. With each drive in my model 3 the differences became increasingly obvious - the Q3’s premium gas, terrible mileage, Maintenance, gutless power and unintuitive complicated navigation/updating/ music/phone interfaces compared to the simplicity and efficiency of the M3. He didn’t like getting in and out of the M3 and the cargo had limitations so when the Y came out, taller a little higher off the ground, the pearl white, explained the awd and the refundable deposit he handed me the credit card lol. So he opted for dual motor, fsd, 19” wheels. It would be nice to hear about the number of orders. Have a friend who ordered day one- so there’s two more orders for the count.

Last edited:
Convinced my husband to order MY finally last night. We both loved the look, size and drive of his Audi Q3. With each drive in my model 3 the differences became increasingly obvious - the Q3’s premium gas, terrible mileage, Maintenance, gutless power and unintuitive complicated navigation/updating/ music/phone interfaces compared to the simplicity and efficiency of the M3. He didn’t like getting in and out of the M3 and the cargo had limitations so when the Y came out, taller a little higher off the ground, the pearl white, explained the awd and the refundable deposit he handed me the credit card lol. So he opted for dual motor, fsd, 19” wheels. It would be nice to hear about the number of orders. Have a friend who ordered day one- so there’s two more orders for the count.

Congrats on the order. I have a red Performance Y on order as well.

Those German cars really get you with their constant "maintenance". I will be getting rid of my Cayenne Turbo for the Model Y. As much as I love German cars, the quality just isn't there anymore. Simply put my Cayenne was a huge disappointment on the reliability front.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3LRPUP19

Congrats, that's the same exact config as mine, but i will be changing to the 18 in wheels if Tesla allow me to do so with the original price I ordered instead of the pricing now. I had an Audi A4 V6 once, got rid of it fast. maintenance cost was killing me. Haha, realized why the guy sold it to me at such a good price.

Reactions: BM3LRPUP19
I'm really curious about the Y's demand. I can see a lot of families who bought a 3 to replace their second car with a Y. I wonder how many first time Tesla buyers will get the Y?

Me!
I have not ordered yet, but we will be getting a Y. I have a wife, 2 kids, and a dog. We fit in my wife’s cross trek ok, but I don’t think we could road trip in a 3. That’s why the Y will be great for us.

Attachments

• dont panic.jpg
    dont panic.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 63