Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have an AP2 Model X in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that no Model X orders seemed to get the EAP upgrade email. Some of us also don't have estimated delivery dates, even though we have VINs, and when we ordered we were quoted dates only about 5 weeks from now.

Which makes me wonder- is the Model X in production right now? Any chance they don't actually have AP2 tooled up for the Model X? All the pictures have been on an S. They also say "all cars in production" have AP2. Well, if the Model X isn't in production...

Easy to disprove though- Does anyone have a car in production, or done being produced, that started after Oct 10th (the AP2 switchover date)?

EV-CPO does show two AP2 Model X's in inventory, but I don't trust their detection method on that yet.

Thanks, that's a good point. It doesn't mean that was a production X however, but it does show they know how to build one. Still hoping to hear that someone has actually seen their X go into production (or even has an estimated production date anytime soon).

My DS said I am confirmed for AP 2.0 hardware on my X (I had purchased AP 1.0), but said some factory re-tooling is happening so with a Nov Delivery date he said I should get it end of Nov.

I also got the email to upgrade to Enhanced auto pilot, not sure if I want to do it now or later once it's ready.. Less taxable purchase if I wait till latter, but also increased cost if I wait till later...

EV-CPO does show two AP2 Model X's in inventory, but I don't trust their detection method on that yet.

Just chiming in here.. it's not any type of "detection method".. I'm using the Model S and Model X option codes used by Tesla to tag a car with AP1.0 or AP2.0. If there are any cars miscoded with AP20 that don't have it, that data all comes from Tesla. The data displayed on EV-CPO is only as good as the data that Tesla publishes -- which does have errors from time to time, but I try to detect and fix those as they happen.
Was there some other concern you had about this?

• Informative
Reactions: Jurnimon
My MX with EAP is in production now. VIN 23xxx. The automated communication has been fairly poor, never got the Autopilot Upgrade email, had to tell my DS directly. Got my "your car is in production" email several days after it showed on my tesla. Have never been shown an estimated deivery date on my tesla.