Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have insight info on where model y for 2024 jan-feb in canada will come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. Based on my reading and reports seem like there is oversupply of tesla model y in the inventory in usa. Do you think tesla will start delivering american made tesla to Canada instead of china made model y during 1st quater of 2024?

I ordered in December and per my VIN will be gettting a US/Fermont 2024 model in Feb
Last time when they switched from US to China, they asked everyone on order to reconfigure and confirm. I doubt that they will not do that path this time. The problem is the MIC Y and Fremont Y are using different battery.

Ops I may over think for this, are you order SR RWD Y? These are using same battery I think.

Last time when they switched from US to China, they asked everyone on order to reconfigure and confirm. I doubt that they will not do that path this time. The problem is the MIC Y and Fremont Y are using different battery.

Ops I may over think for this, are you order SR RWD Y? These are using same battery I think.
Yeah, If it is AWD LR, @Shaam will probably see a range increase, and if it is RWD, probably the same range.

It’s AWD LR and they did not ask me to change or acknowledge anything.
With the recent announcement around range reduction for US built vehicles, there is not disparity in range, that might be a reason I guess!
Can you confirm your seat config?
It is possible the 7 seaters are now from Freemont but the 5 seaters are still MIC.

If yours is a 5 seater then they have fully switched to Freemont.

Same for me. I ordered in January and VIN said US/Fermont in February in Canada. Do you think model Y RWD will have the LFP battery?
I think the RWD from Fremont is non LFP in the US, however the Canadian site still lists the weight of the vehicle as 1909kg vs 1884kg on the US site, or maybe they just didn't update the site? Some people say you can tell from the digits on the VIN, but don't know how accurate it is. When is ur EDD?