Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Edinburgh or Fife?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer: don't have a Tesla yet, am hoping to be in a position to do so next year, but keen to make contact to other Tesla owners ahead of time. Raising the purchase price aside, my first obstacle is convincing my wife that we need a Tesla (I'm convinced; a P85+ test drive did that for me!) and the second one is finding out about servicing, as trips down south just for servicing put me off....

Hope to hear from a few of you soon,

john

Hi John,

Well, you don't *have* to get it serviced. There isn't any of the usual, annual nonsense to deal with. Tyres, windscreen wipers and washer fluid is about it. If you have 'an issue', of course, then that's another matter. Have you asked Tesla "What happens if...?" as they may send a van out to you, especially if it is warranty related (as it is most likely to be). MW

Martin I'm sorry to pick on you, but this gets bandied about a lot.

Technically the warranty is still valid , but double check if leasing. It is a stipulation on many agreements, and you'll likely get stung when you hand back the car.

Budget and plan for servicing, or you may get a nasty surprise from punitive off hire costs.

Someone on our fleet forgot one service, and the penalty was not funny :( (even on a Ford Focus missing one service far outweighed any saving if we had done it intentionally )