Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in LA want to earn $500?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to go to San Francisco this week and I'd prefer an X for the trip. I'd be happy to pay $500 and swap my P85D(insane) for your X for about a week (Likely this Tuesday to next Tuesday). You'd have full use of my car plus $500. The downside for you is I'm putting miles on your car. The upside is you get to abuse my car.

The only requirement is that the X is at least a 90D. I don't care about performance specs, just range since we don't want to be stopping more than we would with our P85D.

I figure this is a long shot and if I don't get any takers I'll probably just go to Turo and grab an ICE car for the trip. But it's at least worth making a post!

You would rather rent an ICE for that trip instead of driving your P85D.

I will do anything to avoid driving an ICE.

I love my Tesla but there are still amazing ICE cars out there. I don't mind driving an ICE car, especially if it means I don't have to charge and the net cost to me is less than having to pay Tesla for going over the miles on my lease.

Only $500 for a week?

Turo has X's for rent, but it would probably cost you around $1600 for a week.

I'm offering a car that the person would be able to use as their own. So it's basically swap cars and I give someone $500. I wouldn't ask someone to give me their car straight up for $500. Well maybe I would but I wouldn't be surprised when they told me to go fly a kite.

• Funny
Reactions: Shock-On-T
with all due respect and meaning no disrespect:

I don't understand how any Model X owner would allow anyone to drive their $100k+ expensive luxury vehicle for 7 seconds, no less 7 days.

Not to mention that if the car is in an accident, it is highly likely that the insurance company will not cover any of the costs, because the person insuring the vehicle would not be the person driving the vehicle.

I just happen to think this is a very very very bad idea.

MHO...YMMV

T

with all due respect and meaning no disrespect:

I don't understand how any Model X owner would allow anyone to drive their $100k+ expensive luxury vehicle for 7 seconds, no less 7 days.

Not to mention that if the car is in an accident, it is highly likely that the insurance company will not cover any of the costs, because the person insuring the vehicle would not be the person driving the vehicle.

I just happen to think this is a very very very bad idea.

MHO...YMMV

T

Well with equally little disrespect meant, some of us view a car as a car and not some kind of irreplaceable heirloom. I let people drive my S all the time. It's just a car. I think there's a mutual understanding that if I'm handing someone my 100k mint condition car that I'm going to treat theirs with the same respect. Insurance isn't an issue as long as you have the driver's permission.

But it's all a moot point now. Someone in a Nissan truck decided to rip the front end off of it today.

Reactions: boaterva
I may not agree with you re.: Model X value, but my condolences over your Model S.

As far as irreplaceable heirloom, I think that is over exaggeration. Is it wrong to consider $$$$K a significant investment? I for one don't have people showering $$$$K over me, aside from perhaps my parents, back in the day. While not an heirloom, it is also not a "car2go".

I think the unfortunate accident you were in today should emphasize my reluctance and my point. Had you been in an accident with someone else's vehicle, insurance would not have covered and it would be a total write off. That's a lot of $$$, and the law would then force the person who lent you their car to return your pristine 100k mint condition car.

No, it is a bad idea.

I extend my condolences over your recently damaged Model S. Despite our disagreement, I'm sorry you're vehicle was damaged. That sucks. I hope you and your family were not injured.

Well with equally little disrespect meant, some of us view a car as a car and not some kind of irreplaceable heirloom. I let people drive my S all the time. It's just a car. I think there's a mutual understanding that if I'm handing someone my 100k mint condition car that I'm going to treat theirs with the same respect. Insurance isn't an issue as long as you have the driver's permission.

But it's all a moot point now. Someone in a Nissan truck decided to rip the front end off of it today.
:eek:

Sydney, Nova Scotia?

I thought the University was in Saskatoon? Didn't they learn ya'?

Sydney is in North Dakota and Florida! Those are SOUTH of the 49'th, don't ya know.

Too much time being a Pirate of the S'toon and not enough schoolin', I say.

I miss my old life in Saskatoon. Beautiful place! Mostly I miss Saskatoon prior to 2000, before they started building up the beautiful city into an ugly concrete mess.

T

Ugh. Really sorry to hear that.

I know it's not irreplaceable, but the problem is that it's irreplaceable in the short term. The lack of spare parts means you might not be fixed up for weeks or months. This is one reason why insurance premiums for Tesla vehicles have been going up recently.

I may not agree with you re.: Model X value, but my condolences over your Model S.

As far as irreplaceable heirloom, I think that is over exaggeration. Is it wrong to consider $$$$K a significant investment? I for one don't have people showering $$$$K over me, aside from perhaps my parents, back in the day. While not an heirloom, it is also not a "car2go".

I think the unfortunate accident you were in today should emphasize my reluctance and my point. Had you been in an accident with someone else's vehicle, insurance would not have covered and it would be a total write off. That's a lot of $$$, and the law would then force the person who lent you their car to return your pristine 100k mint condition car.

No, it is a bad idea.

I extend my condolences over your recently damaged Model S. Despite our disagreement, I'm sorry you're vehicle was damaged. That sucks. I hope you and your family were not injured.

I think the misunderstanding here might be a matter of how insurance works from state to state. In California, so long as I have the owner's permission to drive the car, it would be covered. Definitely not a write-off. But the issue would then be how long are they without a car while theirs is getting fixed. Then again, I don't believe Turo offers rental reimbursement and plenty of people use that. There's a Bentley Bentaga in the LA market for $900 a day. :eek:

Ugh. Really sorry to hear that.

I know it's not irreplaceable, but the problem is that it's irreplaceable in the short term. The lack of spare parts means you might not be fixed up for weeks or months. This is one reason why insurance premiums for Tesla vehicles have been going up recently.

Totally fair. And probably why my premiums are about to go up. The best part of the whole ordeal was when the other driver told me not to file the claim until tomorrow because he had to make his insurance payment today and if I filed it today it wouldn't be covered.

But I'm overselling the damage. It really just needs a bumper cover and a fender. So you know... $80,000 in work.