Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone LR AWDs Showing 322 Miles Fully Charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be willing to display your recent SMT readouts and associated rated miles/km to show what it calculates for your car?
And do you think your constant has ever changed for your car since it was new?
Of course, I present it all the time on my channel.
Unfortunately now the weather is cold, the car is idling due to obvious reasons and the data will not be very accurate.
I saw that it jumped to 75kWh the other day, after staying 3 days idle - it was 74.5kWh the night before. The temp was rising a bit, but not by much, 17C.
It was at 76kWh before the winter. I hope it can jump back to at least 75.5 in the summer.

It has never changed during the ownership, July 2019, from V9 through V10. I even specifically made a screenshot before the upgrade to V10 to disporve Bjorn Nyland.

Of course, I present it all the time on my channel.
Unfortunately now the weather is cold, the car is idling due to obvious reasons and the data will not be very accurate.
I saw that it jumped to 75kWh the other day, after staying 3 days idle - it was 74.5kWh the night before. The temp was rising a bit, but not by much, 17C.
It was at 76kWh before the winter. I hope it can jump back to at least 75.5 in the summer.

It has never changed during the ownership, July 2019, from V9 through V10. I even specifically made a screenshot before the upgrade to V10 to disporve Bjorn Nyland.

The charge constant will be just as accurate regardless of temperature or how long it has been since you have driven the car; it's just a constant.
I know the kWh value can vary a lot. That is not what I was interested in.

Last edited:
The charge constant will be just as accurate regardless of temperature or how long it has been since you have driven the car; it's just a constant.
I know the kWh value can vary a lot. That is not what I was interested in.
What do you want, to see the constant?
I don't drive the car and I have to do a 153Wh run sometime to show it... Not exactly easy nowadays

I usually see a (322) higher range after getting the car below 10-20% and then charge up, typically at a Supercharger. Charging from home usually gives me the (317) range.

Really not much difference to me, especially given spirited driving burns through it so much faster anyway.

I will say that I first got the car it wasn't getting 322 or even 317. At one point it wasn't getting past 295 and I was concerned, especially since Tesla was quoting 322 months before my car arrived.

After a few deep cycles and some software updates it came up.

Reactions: Bwettt
What do you want, to see the constant?
I don't drive the car and I have to do a 153Wh run sometime to show it... Not exactly easy nowadays
Just show a readout from SMT showing all the relevant data, including ideal remaining for SOC. And also your rated miles/km(preferably both) from the car display from the same point in time, since SMT doesn't give that value.

No need for a 153 Wh run, it won't matter. I'm not interested in the exact location of the line.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Just show a readout from SMT showing all the relevant data, including ideal remaining for SOC. And also your rated miles/km(preferably both) from the car display from the same point in time, since SMT doesn't give that value.

No need for a 153 Wh run, it won't matter. I'm not interested in the exact location of the line.
What exactly are you trying to test, I don't get it? Maybe you can break it down and explain which "relevant" data you want and how the test should be conducted.

It is hard to notice, but I have the screenshot prior to the V10 update.
It looks like it is somewhere close to 153-155. Not sure an the angle changed. I guess it was closer to 154. It might be 153.5 It might be 155.

But do you see the value under projected? It matches the charge range at exactly 153. So the line itself might be a bit off (could be a Designer issue when they did the graph), but the constant! is def 153! This is what I meant when I said the line is at 153.
And Tesla uses 153 for the calculation!

gziC2QY.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
What exactly are you trying to test, I don't get it? Maybe you can break it down and explain which "relevant" data you want and how the test should be conducted.
I am looking for something like this, an SMT readout, but probably from the all tab, to include ideal remaining.
So Nomfullpack, energy buffer, nom remain, expected remain, ideal remain, SOC calculations, etc. Basically, everything you want to see regarding battery capacity.

Also include energy graphs like you just posted but with rated miles and percent showing for the green battery values, as well as the km value you showed in the previous graphs. (3 total graphs).

Of course, all charts and data must be from the same time in order to compare. And it is better if you are at a fairly high state of charge, but don't have to be at 100%.

I am simply looking for all the data to do the calculations, that's all.

508880-fda73cd1e6b4658a439db977339659bd.jpg

I am looking for something like this, an SMT readout, but probably from the all tab, to include ideal remaining.
So Nomfullpack, energy buffer, nom remain, expected remain, ideal remain, SOC calculations, etc. Basically, everything you want to see regarding battery capacity.

Also include energy graphs like you just posted but with rated miles and percent showing for the green battery values, as well as the km value you showed in the previous graphs. (3 total graphs).

Of course, all charts and data must be from the same time in order to compare. And it is better if you are at a fairly high state of charge, but don't have to be at 100%.

I am simply looking for all the data to do the calculations, that's all.

And what exactly are you going to "calculate" out of this - what is your goal?! I don't get it, really...
My nominal full flunctuates due to the battery temp.
It is at 75kWh now.
Energy buffer is at 3.4kWh like most cars in this range nominal full (it is always the same value in the specific kWh-range as it is based on 4.5% from nominal full, rounded up)
Ideal remain is based on temp and flunctuates. Nominal remaining is just the SOC % of the nominal full - buffer.

Like I said, if you want to find out the calculation for the range - it is in the screenshot above - all you need - 153 matches the calculated range on energy tab and the range battery icon. Therefore the 153 is used to calculate capacity - this is the best visual proof you will get. You don't need any more data than this...

How?! You said all the time that is was 5Wh higher and that it was NOT 153?And 153 was not the correct constant?! I give up...

You’re forgetting the units. 5Wh/mi is about 3Wh/km. Just review my posts above. I have a picture showing the line is around 155-156Wh/km and it is clear the constant is around 152-153Wh/km. And that is what I have said from the beginning.

This is not complicated. Nor does it matter.

When set to miles, the rated line is at ~156Wh/km (250Wh/mi) in my car. I dug up a picture for you from my car from another post. I'll attach it shortly. Enjoy.

You can also see that 155Wh/km*358km/365rkm = 152Wh/rkm. (Not 156Wh/km...just as I have been saying...)

Last edited:
152-153Wh/km.
It not around - it is at exact 153, evident by the matching ranges in energy = battery icon.

By the way, the rated range doesn't reflect range/consumption in real time (second). It takes 5-10 seconds for the car to calculate the new range, therefore this might be an issue with the line and range etc. when you take screenshots vs videos.

You have to somehow keep the consumption steady at 153 for at least 30 seconds to get good results. The screenshot is from a video therefore I can observe the pattern.

Last edited:
I wonder how Tesla keeps track in the firmware that a car is 2020 and they do all the work just to display 15 more miles...Instead of implementing speed signs detection or improving the maping. I guess the numbers game is big.

Can you try and make a screenshot of your energy tab like I did above and try to match the two lines in consumption and post it here - preferably in km.
If you can make a video with your phone around the time the two meet and also catch the battery indicator display in km that will be even better.

It not around - it is at exact 153, evident by the matching ranges in energy = battery icon.

I guess I should have said: 152.5-153, not 152-153. I just meant to indicate that it didn't have to be exactly 153.
You wouldn't be able to tell if it were a different value. It is obviously above 152.5. But if it were 152.7 you'd have no way to know according to your stated method. The rated km on the gauge would read 153 even if they were actually 152.7km. And the recent efficiency would read 153. And the line would be at 153. Even if they were all 152.7

In any case, I'm sticking to the summary: rated line is always about 5Wh/mi above the charging constant value. For US cars. For your car it appears it may not be the case - it is hard to tell from your picture. But I believe whatever you say about the line position. The line position doesn't matter anyway (as I've always said).

And the charging constant does not tell you how many kWh you have added to your car. It is only useful (directly) for calculating full pack capacity. You have to know about the 4.5% buffer, etc., to determine your kWh remaining at any other rated miles/% value. (e.g. as we all know, at 70% SoC, your remaining kWh available is not equal to 0.7*FullkWh = 0.7*RatedMiles@100%*Charging Constant...)

Status
Not open for further replies.