Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is you will just get a text out of nowhere like I did for the delivery - I had stopped by local show room (where they looked at me like I had 4 heads when I asked about the status), called the 1-800 number a few times and refreshed the tesla.com account page about 6 times a day. I was especially concerned because I am heading out of town for 2 weeks on the 28 of June.

My VIN only shows up by looking at source code - and contrary to the guides I had seen online, I had to search for "VIN" and it only shows up the middle of the page.

Ohh snap. I think I found a VIN in the source code. Thanks! :) :) :)

It's not my 3s VIN... so I assume it's my X?!

I ran it against a decoder, and it shows 2019 Model X. (so, that's good, right)?

A few days ago when I did the source code trick, I didn't have a VIN. Thanks again!

I'm shocked they use such a simple 'hide' method and don't keep it server side. Pretty sure many of us are IT people... and can view source code from a site...

Last edited:
Just dropped off my new Raven model X at the detail shop to get the stealth PPF and chrome delete done.

Here are a couple pictures.

There was a snag with my order though. Even though my order form was updated to show carbon interior, that did not make it to the actual car. It arrived with the dark wood. I was very disappointed. However. I noticed that it had Ludicrous, and I did not order that. I said I would keep the car if they left the Ludicrous on it. The short result is I have Ludicrous, but it is not officially documented on the order. The manager said they have similar situations on some orders and they don't 'believe' it would get overwritten, but cannot guarantee it. My only concern with having an undocumented feature like this is if I had to bring it in for Warranty service at some point, and they denied some major covered repair because it had this undocumented feature loaded. The manager said he could guarantee that would not happen, just that it would not get removed at 'some point'. So... maybe I have free ludicrous for a while, or even for ever. I will just get the dash wrapped with a carbon film with the rest of my car, and hopefully have ludicrous for a while.

Here is pictures after I dropped it at the detail shop. Probably wont see it again for a week.
View attachment 416334 View attachment 416336

Some notes:

I did not see any issues with fit or finish. No issues with falcon doors. Seemed to accept charge on my new wall charger (did not leave it on for long). The new air suspension felt really smooth. I was very impressed with the ride, even in sport mode.

Also, I had ordered the alarm system upgrade, and it arrived the same day as the car was to be delivered. So they threw it in before driving it to my house, so don't have to go back for that.

Any pictures yet?

Any pictures yet?

Not yet. Should be picking it up Wednesday of next week. It had to go to the audio shop first to install a dash-cam and replace all my lights with high intensity. They should be done today, and it will go back over to the detail shop to get the stealth PPF installed. Also getting the wood accents wrapped in a carbon wrap, since my carbon interior was messed up and they sent it with wood.

Just picked up my Standard with FSD and 6 seats. White + Black on Blue looks amazing. Its a beauty. I ordered on May 11 and got delivery in just about 4 weeks.

There were minor issues with rubber casing slightly misaligned that either I can fix or a quick trip to SC, not sweating but posting pictures for others to compare.

Also, I noticed my software version is v9.0 (2019.15.102 102803d); from google search I am unable to confirm if this is raven or AP3. The reason I didnt get an inventory was to get raven with new hardware. Any thoughts? Anyway I can confirm if I have AP3 or AP2.5?

tesla 1.jpg tesla 2.jpg tesla 3.jpg tesla 4.jpg tesla 5.jpg tesla 6.jpg Tesla 7.jpg

Reactions: Zaxxon and GraemeS
Just picked up my Standard with FSD and 6 seats. White + Black on Blue looks amazing. Its a beauty. I ordered on May 11 and got delivery in just about 4 weeks.

There were minor issues with rubber casing slightly misaligned that either I can fix or a quick trip to SC, not sweating but posting pictures for others to compare.

Also, I noticed my software version is v9.0 (2019.15.102 102803d); from google search I am unable to confirm if this is raven or AP3. The reason I didnt get an inventory was to get raven with new hardware. Any thoughts? Anyway I can confirm if I have AP3 or AP2.5?

View attachment 418771 View attachment 418772 View attachment 418773 View attachment 418774 View attachment 418775 View attachment 418776 View attachment 418778

Haven't seen that version before - my X came with 2019.7.106 and updated early on to 2019.16.3.2.

At this point we believe that the adaptive suspension switch coincides with the rest of Project Raven, so look on the suspension page for the adaptive options below the rest of the settings - if you have them you have should have the rest of Project Raven.

Someone mentioned the AP3 dashcam videos are a different video encoding from AP2.5, which might be the most definitive method of checking that...

Haven't seen that version before - my X came with 2019.7.106 and updated early on to 2019.16.3.2.

At this point we believe that the adaptive suspension switch coincides with the rest of Project Raven, so look on the suspension page for the adaptive options below the rest of the settings - if you have them you have should have the rest of Project Raven.

Someone mentioned the AP3 dashcam videos are a different video encoding from AP2.5, which might be the most definitive method of checking that...

Pardon my ignorance, how do you check dashcam video encoding?

At least with my Raven, the two things I noticed was the active suspension setting, and the "Dual Motor" badge on the back (lining it up with Model 3). Somewhat hilariously, a Tesla Mobile Service tech commented how much he liked that I swapped out my badging for an M3's... Had to politely inform him about the Raven badging changes... ;)

As for software versions, my was like Saghost. Took about a week to get the upgrade prompt from 2019.7.106 to 2019.16.3.2. Maybe the factory is now installing a newer version? At least for me, 2019.7.106 had a ton of weird GPS and autopilot issues that all went away after the upgrade.

And yes, I'm too am curious if the Raven's are shipping with AP 3 or 2.5. I would have presumed they rev'ed that too, but I can't seem to find an easy way to tell.

• Funny
Reactions: Ames
And yes, I'm too am curious if the Raven's are shipping with AP 3 or 2.5. I would have presumed they rev'ed that too, but I can't seem to find an easy way to tell.[/QUOTE]

If you believe Elon then yes our Raven's do indeed have 3.0:

"Today, the company clarified that it was in all new Model S and Model X since March (start around March 20th) and in all new Model 3 vehicles earlier this month (starting around April 12th)."

tesla-full-self-driving-computer-details

If you believe Elon then yes our Raven's do indeed have 3.0:

"Today, the company clarified that it was in all new Model S and Model X since March (start around March 20th) and in all new Model 3 vehicles earlier this month (starting around April 12th)."

tesla-full-self-driving-computer-details

But there's a thread floating around about some more recent builds with AP2.5, so there's room for doubt.

Pardon my ignorance, how do you check dashcam video encoding?

Put in a USB drive formatted for dash cam, let it record some video, then take the USB drive back to a computer and see what it gave you.

Under 2019.7.106, my videos were much lower resolution and full of flashes, very different from the ones I've seen posted, presumably because they're still dialing AP3 in.