Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Project Raven cars are crazy efficient. :)

My average in a Performance Ludicrous Raven X for an 8k+ roadtrip done mostly at 75 mph (with several hours of 80 mph even, in Utah and Texas) came out at 315 Wh/mile, so I think the 308 is quite plausible for the LR in the typical 65-70 mph range where rated range is usually achieved.

I’m averaging a bit more at 345 with the same MX. My 90% is only 270. Should be 275

I’m averaging a bit more at 345 with the same MX. My 90% is only 270. Should be 275

Mine too. I actually like having exactly 300 rated miles just because the math is easy (I know, I'll lose a few miles before too long...)

But on my first X, I only had 232 rated miles at 100% vs the 237 of the EPA rating at the beginning. I didn't sweat it much.

Rated miles are not exactly the same as EPA miles, and neither is exactly what I end up driving anyway.

Ok, so I have spent some time with the new car and - wow. Just wow. Now that I have her back from getting paint protection I will post a couple pics. Everyone has seen stock photos, so you know the before. Here are a couple of the afters. I can't thank the folks at All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD enough for the job they did. If you are in the area - definitely give them a shout. Ill post a tail shot after I take one when replacing the temps will my final plats.

Or you can head over to their twitter feed to see the incredible job they did with the badging.
All American Paint Protection on Instagram: “Best. Rear. View. Ever! This @teslamotors #model #x was transformed after she had the works... Full Vehicle @XPEL #ultimateplus…”
All American Paint Protection on Instagram: “Best. Rear. View. Ever! This @teslamotors #model #x was transformed after she had the works... Full Vehicle @XPEL #ultimateplus…”

So after long last - here she is: With protection film, ceramic, window tinting, and chrome deletion.
View media item 120054View media item 120055View media item 120056

Ok, so I have spent some time with the new car and - wow. Just wow. Now that I have her back from getting paint protection I will post a couple pics. Everyone has seen stock photos, so you know the before. Here are a couple of the afters. I can't thank the folks at All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD enough for the job they did. If you are in the area - definitely give them a shout. Ill post a tail shot after I take one when replacing the temps will my final plats.

Or you can head over to their twitter feed to see the incredible job they did with the badging.

So after long last - here she is: With protection film, ceramic, window tinting, and chrome deletion.
View media item 120054View media item 120055View media item 120056
Says don’t have permission to view photos

J'ai acheter the 4/30/19 and no news, no vin, no infos, no answer at my email...i dont understand tesla delay for france...i listen at the forum all livraisons in united states...i cry...
You are not the only one waiting. Lots of people around Europe are still waiting since end of April or beginning of May.
There is a new boat arriving today in Rotterdam... Maybe ... Or not. Only time will tell.

[QUOTE = "Amar, post: 3833242, member: 103245"] Vous n'êtes pas le seul à attendre. De nombreuses personnes en Europe attendent toujours depuis fin avril ou début mai.
Un nouveau bateau arrive aujourd'hui à Rotterdam ... Peut-être ... ou pas. Seul le temps nous le dira. [/ QUOTE]
Thanks for potentialy good news i croo my fingers

[QUOTE = "Amar, post: 3833242, member: 103245"] Vous n'êtes pas le seul à attendre. De nombreuses personnes en Europe attendent toujours depuis fin avril ou début mai.
Un nouveau bateau arrive aujourd'hui à Rotterdam ... Peut-être ... ou pas. Seul le temps nous le dira. [/ QUOTE]
What model x ?white ?long range?

What model x ?white ?long range?
Blue long range.
You can see all the details in the tracking sheet:
Teslike Model S/X Order Tracker
:)

Hi All,

Update on the vibrating accelerator pedal issue: After service center visit today,
I guess i'm the unlucky one here so far, but list of issues since receiving a Raven refresh delivered in June 2019:
  • Steering Wheel Vibration issue: 2 Service Center visits - the last visit had a road force balance, resolves issue about 95% of the time, i've come to the conclusion that the wheels are not just not 'balanced round' and I don't want to buy new tires.
  • AC Compressor causes accelerator pedal to vibrate aggressively when fan speeds are between 9 to 11: Service center visit scheduled
On the AC issue, anyone else see this or reproduce? As a test, turn the AC on and either set it to LO or manually set the fan speed anywhere between 9 and 11 (to force the AC compressor to have to work hard). After a minute or so, you'll start to feel the accelerator pedal vibrate like it's going to pop off.

One more thing, make sure that the 'recirculating' air option is NOT on as that will alleviate pressure from the AC compressor and even though the fan speed is 9,10, or 11, the AC doesn't have to work that hard because it's not pulling in warm air from the outside that it has to cool. I verified that the vibrating stopped immediately when I switched recirculating ON and fan speeds were at 9, 10, or 11.

UPDATE: After the SC visit, they determined that the vibrating accelerator pedal is working as designed. They checked a couple of other vehicles near my VIN build/date and found similar vibrations when the AC is running above 9 without re-circulation. They also pulled logs from our vehicle and did not see any error codes associated with the fan. In addition, they repeated that if there were an issue the car would have given an error code both in the logs and on screen on the dash. So the end result is to keep an eye on it but that they believe this is normal. Quote was 'we could replace the accelerator pedal but that won't make much difference since the AC fan is bolted to the frame of the car and when it's really hot or you're at a supercharger, the car is working hard to cool everything down'. I believe these guys and trust their opinion, just hope that if something does fail that it does so before the warranty expires.

Reactions: glusc2002
I don't know how "normal" it is. I guess if other cars have the, lets call it 'behavior'. It is somewhat common.

I tried to duplicate it on my new Model X and could not. I would like to think that all these little 'behaviors' are being sent back to Tesla so they can tweak the engineering to eliminate some of these unwanted issues.

Presumably dynamically balancing the fan/motor rotating assembly would eliminate the vibration. I wonder if you could find a shop willing and able to do so? Hmm...

(I don't know if it's as severe, but I do notice minor pedal vibration when the AC is pushing hard - I thought it was more from the AC compressor than the fan that this is suggesting.)

If you just click the "upload and Image/File" on the lower right of the text window, you can add them easily. I recommend adding them as thumbnails (which you select after the file is uploaded) so that the images are not huge and people can just open them up for full size.