Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished an 1,800-mile road trip in my X (and 3--had extended family with us). Will write up details in another thread this week but the quick summary is the car is fantastic.

Efficiency was pretty good, too, considering this trip had many thousands of feet of elevation gain/loss as well as high speed limits.

IMG_20190718_153442.jpg
IMG_20190720_214209.jpg

Hi All,

Update on the vibrating accelerator pedal issue: After service center visit today,

UPDATE: After the SC visit, they determined that the vibrating accelerator pedal is working as designed. They checked a couple of other vehicles near my VIN build/date and found similar vibrations when the AC is running above 9 without re-circulation. They also pulled logs from our vehicle and did not see any error codes associated with the fan. In addition, they repeated that if there were an issue the car would have given an error code both in the logs and on screen on the dash. So the end result is to keep an eye on it but that they believe this is normal. Quote was 'we could replace the accelerator pedal but that won't make much difference since the AC fan is bolted to the frame of the car and when it's really hot or you're at a supercharger, the car is working hard to cool everything down'. I believe these guys and trust their opinion, just hope that if something does fail that it does so before the warranty expires.

I have noticed much more vibration from the cooling fans at high performance on my new Raven S than I had on my old 90D S. I'd say they've changed something and this is now normal.

I just received my Model X performance yesterday, and upon closer inspection, I found a few issues and I'm not sure what to do about it. Wondering if service can fix something like this or is it better to return the car and see if they can build me another.

1. Hood has 3 minor indentations that are noticeable if you look at it from a certain angle.
2. Trim above the middle LCD screen is slightly bent.
View attachment 432515
3. Chrome trims on rear side windows sticks out when looking at it from the rear.
View attachment 432516 View attachment 432517
4. Paint imperfections. One of the imperfections is under the chrome trim as shown in this video.
5. Chrome trim misalignment by falcon wing door.
View attachment 432520

I was hoping that by now Tesla would have improved on build quality, especially since I come from a early 2012 Model S P85 and also own a early Model 3, but seems like there are still issues. Let me know if you guys experienced any of this and what you guys think is the best thing to do. Waiting to hear back from my owner advisor to see what they say.

My rear side windows have the same trim misalignment. I am not concerned about it. I would definitely have them look at the hood though and think they should be able to fix that. Any decent body shop could probably fix that in an afternoon. Minor alignments of trim is not going to be a big deal. Most cars have these sorts of alignment issues. Anything egregious or that could impact movement or be 'ripped off' due to sticking out, I would certainly have addressed. The trim above the main center screen should also be fixed (in my opinion). I don't know if they would do it, but it certainly looks crappy.

Returning your car and getting a new one built is probably not going to get you better results. If these are the only things wrong, I think they can and will fix many of them.

I have had similar issues...

1. Chrome trim misalignment - it actually looks like they just haven't been installed correctly. The Service Centre were happy that they will be able to reset/ replace.
2. Paint issues just under the rear spoiler. It just looks like overspray. Again, they are happy to get this corrected at a bodyshop.
3. Lower, black plastic trim coming off. Once again, it just looks like it hasn't been glued properly, so it's just coming away from the doors.
4. I have a very strange ticking sound, coming from front right, when accelerating or on regen. I was able to demonstrate this to the technician and it seems that he knows what that could be. This will be looked into and reported back.

I am not really concerned about the superficial stuff, however the drivetrain ticking, that does worry me. Not sure what that could mean. We shall see.

So I got a text message today asking to schedule delivery of my long range Model X, nine days after I put in the order. And today's a Sunday no less. So I'm picking up my car Wednesday, the text message said the car was in transit.

This is similar to a friend of mine who got his schedule text message 8 days after ordering - his was a performance Model S.

This is most impressive - this is/was Tesla's goal, to have build to order cars available within 2 weeks.

Wups, not so fast. Got a text today saying delivery was delayed, so rescheduled pickup time is Saturday. It’ll still be two weeks if I pick up Saturday from order time to pickup time. Gotta wait a few more days.

• Informative
Reactions: dblankenbaker
For the guys who ordered white interior on your raven did you end up with a full black dash or white bottom dash?
Performance model, white interior w/ carbon came with black lower Dash panels. I wouldn’t except delivery unless they noted account to replace them with the white ones, which they were totally awesome about and fully agreed that it was some sort of mistake/rush on their part. They ordered the parts the next day and I already have a mobile appointment set for next week for them to swap them.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
Performance model, white interior w/ carbon came with black lower Dash panels. I wouldn’t except delivery unless they noted account to replace them with the white ones, which they were totally awesome about and fully agreed that it was some sort of mistake/rush on their part. They ordered the parts the next day and I already have a mobile appointment set for next week for them to swap them.

I am sure I could do the same but replacing a dash is not easy. They use special robots and tools in the factory to install it. Would worry me that rattled might occur and such.

Do you know if the entire dash is one piece or just the bottom pieces get replaced?

I am sure I could do the same but replacing a dash is not easy. They use special robots and tools in the factory to install it. Would worry me that rattled might occur and such.

Do you know if the entire dash is one piece or just the bottom pieces get replaced?
Those lower panels just unclip (pull out) it’s not the upper part of dash that they replace. It’s basically the drivers kick panel, passenger kick/glove box and lower trim. Will probably take them all of 15 min to replace. It’s the same parts you remove to install the video bypass or change the hepa filter. If you really want the white I’d suggest having them note the delivery papers like mine before you sign. You can google/you tube hepa filer (in cabin) replacement and watch the video.

• Love
Reactions: Alex310
Update. Pictures attached of the car, wheels, and interior dash. Overall better than expected after reading stories in this forum.

Pictures also attached of some of the build quality issues. The rubber they use is simply cut and raw on the edges vs. a BMW where rubber edges are rounded or beveled.

The gaps in the right wing door are highlighted here along with some places where the rubber sticks out between gaps.

I don’t show the seat ribbing issue as I’m limited to 10 pictures. The SC said likely they will just swap out the bottom cushion.

Bottom line - the robotic assembler responsible for rubber placement needs to be decommissioned or tuned up.

View attachment 418215
View attachment 418204
View attachment 418206
View attachment 418207
View attachment 418208
View attachment 418202
View attachment 418203
View attachment 418217
View attachment 418219
View attachment 418218
Followup from my post 6 weeks ago when I took delivery.

I was finally able to get the SC to fix the issues from delivery. I think they may have forgotten to order things in June. After I reached out in July at the 4 week mark, they got things in about 10 days later. They fixed the seat issue, trunk trim issue, FWD alignment, and paint defect (outsourced to a body shop). The first 3 were fixed in a day, the last one was an overnight at a body shop. They said the rubber trim sticking out is standard, so no adjustment there. I'm good with it - hats off to the Kansas City service center. Pictures attached.

seat defect.jpg trunk liner.jpg FWD alignment.jpg paint defect.jpg