Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished an 1,800-mile road trip in my X (and 3--had extended family with us). Will write up details in another thread this week but the quick summary is the car is fantastic.

Efficiency was pretty good, too, considering this trip had many thousands of feet of elevation gain/loss as well as high speed limits.

View attachment 432659 View attachment 432660
325 wh/mile is quite impressive.

Did you ever pull the trigger on illuminated door sills for the Model X? I'm thinking hard about it but haven't been able to see enough pictures.

I have not. The ones from Europe are extremely pricey. There is a person on these forums who currently makes some for the Model S and they were supposedly making some for the X as well, but I have not heard when they would be done.

The vin showed on the website or your sales rep gave it to you?

I also ordered July 16th I got my vin July 20th from my sales rep, but hasn’t displayed on my Tesla.com yet.

I received this text msg this morning. I clicked on the link and took the first available delivery slot. The VIN showed up immediately after on tesla.com... It wasn't there an hour earlier when I checked.

fullsizeoutput_15e6.jpeg

So I traded in my 3 1/2 year old signature X for a new long range 6 seater X today. My oh my, the ride was so much smoother on the way back! And the seats so much more comfortable! And the range so long! Nice upgrade!

The craziest thing about this is that my new Model X was 24% cheaper than my 3 1/2 year old Model X, yet much more capable. The only thing I didn't get with my upgraded Model X was the performance motor, opting for more range instead. For me, that's a good trade off. Here's my comparison chart:

upload_2019-7-28_12-55-12.png

Has anyone noticed high pitched whistle sounds from the Raven compared to pre-Raven cars?
Below are measurements i made on my Raven model S at 55 mph and 35 mph.
I did not hear these whistles on my pre-Raven S. I am curious if the same whistle noise is heard on Raven model X.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.30.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.44.21 PM.png

Has anyone noticed high pitched whistle sounds from the Raven compared to pre-Raven cars?
I did not hear these whistles on my pre-Raven S. I am curious if the same whistle noise is heard on Raven model X.

No, but my high frequency hearing isn't as good as it used to be.

View attachment 435091 View attachment 435092

Um, where’s the whistle in the plots above?