Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received the TCEQ $2500 Grant Money for buying an EV in Texas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

I received an email message from TCEQ today. They have given me until 2-6-24 to present the signed purchase agreement. Urgent, they say. So, I have 3 business days to comply. They didn't buy my contention that Tesla does not furnish it anymore since 11-17-23.

I called Tesla to check on status of the document. Bingo, they gave me a tracking number which suggests that I will receive it tomorrow. Don't tease me. Hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow and submit to TCEQ and my application will be approved.

Reactions: azuled
Update:

I received an email message from TCEQ today. They have given me until 2-6-24 to present the signed purchase agreement. Urgent, they say. So, I have 3 business days to comply. They didn't buy my contention that Tesla does not furnish it anymore since 11-17-23.

I called Tesla to check on status of the document. Bingo, they gave me a tracking number which suggests that I will receive it tomorrow. Don't tease me. Hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow and submit to TCEQ and my application will be approved.
I hope it arrived on time. I have yet to receive a phone call from Tesla in regards to the MVPA

The document arrived from Tesla on Friday. This morning (Monday), I received an email from TCEQ reviewer who said that my application had been approved by her and was proceeding to a second reviewer (policy). She said the second review might take several weeks. She confirmed that my application was among the first 2,000.

My first thought was that this sure does take a long time, but after I thought about it the whole thing makes sense. I doubt they hired extra staff to deal with something that might be very temporary. So, they're probably doing these reviews on top of their regular workload. I remain hopeful that my application will be successful.

Good to know that you are included in the 2000 available grants. As I applied in October, and have been told the "check is in the mail", I wondered how long before applicants are outside the 2000 limit. I'm guessing yours's was dated in November. If anyone gets denied, it would be interesting to know the date they submitted the original application.

Good to know that you are included in the 2000 available grants. As I applied in October, and have been told the "check is in the mail", I wondered how long before applicants are outside the 2000 limit. I'm guessing yours's was dated in November. If anyone gets denied, it would be interesting to know the date they submitted the original application.
See Post #18

I applied on November 30.

Received the confirmation letter and "grant contract" yesterday via email. The payment should be made in 30-90 days. I did have a signed copy by Tesla rep of the purchase contract as part of the application. Note that you must keep the EV for a year from application date.

Any idea where I can get this? I checked my MVPA on my Tesla account but there are no signatures on it.

I did check again on my grant last week and was told they are working to send out checks and will be 60-90 days (now about 60 days from when originally told the 30-90 days). They did say it may be longer as they are very busy. My guess is at this point that if you have not been sent the actual grant document to sign, it's likely the 2000 grants have been allocated (just a guess). I'll definitely post when the check arrives.

I did check again on my grant last week and was told they are working to send out checks and will be 60-90 days (now about 60 days from when originally told the 30-90 days). They did say it may be longer as they are very busy. My guess is at this point that if you have not been sent the actual grant document to sign, it's likely the 2000 grants have been allocated (just a guess). I'll definitely post when the check arrives.
Interesting, I applied (and received an acknowledgement for that application) before some people who got the grant agreement sent to them. Doesn't mean anything, obviously, but that isn't exactly how I thought it would work given how they described it (I think they described FIFO).

I got an email back on this. I had to review my application for specific dates, apparently I submitted the final version on December 1 2023.

They informed me that I have passed review and moved into the Contract Phase, but that they are experiencing extremely high volumes so wait times would be at least another 2-3 weeks before I received the executed contract. Technically not approved yet, then, but in the batch that still has potential funding available.

Reactions: Alonzo
I got an email back on this. I had to review my application for specific dates, apparently I submitted the final version on December 1 2023.

They informed me that I have passed review and moved into the Contract Phase, but that they are experiencing extremely high volumes so wait times would be at least another 2-3 weeks before I received the executed contract. Technically not approved yet, then, but in the batch that still has potential funding available.
Thanks.

Yeah, this is not the only grant program they have to administer. Probably only one or two employees assigned to this particular grant, and then only part time. The government is not known for being fast at any thing.

Posting this for any future appliers to this grant.
  1. If you are asked to provide a signed MVPA with a signed Paid in Full stamp, go to your local SC. Tell them you are applying for this grant. They will know exactly what you are talking about (at least in my experience they did). They will submit a ticket. Make sure you tell them to include the signed MVPA needs a signed paid in full stamp.
  2. You will get the document delivered to you from Tesla via UPS. I called Tesla customer service the next day and they were able to provide me the tracking number.
  3. It takes about 3-5 business days to deliver it. Make sure to reach out to the TCEQ representative who contacted you and ask for an extended deadline.