Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received UWB (Ultra Wideband) phone key functionality on Refreshed MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does any one find that the audible tone for the trunk auto open not consistent? i get it every once and awhile but most of the time i dont. either way it opens every time now so i guess i cant complain.. lol
That's what I found on version 2024.14.x. It seemed to mostly depend on whether the car was locked or unlocked. So far on 2024.20.1 the car has booped at me every time before opening the trunk. I've only had that firmware for a few days, though.

Today my auto trunk didn't work at all. Not one time. Sigh.

I moved my car somewhere else without many other cars around and it worked. Seems like it’s super sensitive to “noise.” It doesn’t work in my garage AT ALL.

Will probably disable the feature if this is how it behaves. More annoying to have it enabled.

Last edited:

I moved my car somewhere else without many other cars around and it worked. Seems like it’s super sensitive to “noise.” It doesn’t work in my garage AT ALL.

Will probably disable the feature if this is how it behaves. More annoying to have it enabled.
well that sucks. sad to see this is still buggy even after the app update. wonder whats in your garage that could cause the interference

It works in my garage but NOT all the time..... about 8 out of 10 it works fine. There are a couple times when it would beep once or not work at all. I feel that it doesn't like to be close to the garage door. It works 100% of the times outside though.

Last edited:
It works in my garage but NOT all the time..... about 8 out of 10 it works fine. There are a couple times when it would beep once or not work at all. I feel that it doesn't like to be close to the garage door. It works 100% of the times outside though.
Right. Yeah it’s working for me again today (just not in my garage). Annoying it’s so flakey. That’s what you get for Tesla once again reinventing the wheel. To be fair, I never expected this functionality, but I did expect working auto wipers. 😅

Right. Yeah it’s working for me again today (just not in my garage). Annoying it’s so flakey. That’s what you get for Tesla once again reinventing the wheel. To be fair, I never expected this functionality, but I did expect working auto wipers. 😅
It works with zero issues when the garage door is opened by the way. I haven't tried again yet with car parked slightly forward away from the garage door with door closed. I feel that it has nothing to do with the car or door itself, but rather some signal disturbance when phone is around the garage door that also has metal and so on. Am not sure yet if it only occurs when I park very close and don't pull forward enough for the trunk to be at least 1 ft or more away from the door. I will try and report back.