Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like I'm in the minority but as much as I hate to say it, I regret getting the white interior. I have about 13K on them and they are showing "stretchmarks" and clothes color transfer (jogging pants/jeans/jacket), especially on the seams. This happened even with meticulously cleaning the seats and using GYEON Quartz LeatherShield when I first got it (used it a few times on the driver's seat).

I've tried a lot of different things I've found on YouTube and I actually just saw this video (
) so I'm gonna try his suggestion and see if it works.

IMG-8943.jpg

love the white interior. I noticed this one portion of my seat seems veiny or has striations. Im not sure if this is from denim/dirt (i almost never wear blue jeans). Noticed it pretty soon after delivery and no matter what wont wipe off. Think its dirt/denim or some defect in the seats "leather?" Not sure how to go about fixing it

IMG-8943.jpg

love the white interior. I noticed this one portion of my seat seems veiny or has striations. Im not sure if this is from denim/dirt (i almost never wear blue jeans). Noticed it pretty soon after delivery and no matter what wont wipe off. Think its dirt/denim or some defect in the seats "leather?" Not sure how to go about fixing it
My driver's seat is like that after 20k miles. Maybe a bit lighter but doesn't bother me since I'm sitting on it and not staring at it.

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm in the minority but as much as I hate to say it, I regret getting the white interior. I have about 13K on them and they are showing "stretchmarks" and clothes color transfer (jogging pants/jeans/jacket), especially on the seams. This happened even with meticulously cleaning the seats and using GYEON Quartz LeatherShield when I first got it (used it a few times on the driver's seat).

I've tried a lot of different things I've found on YouTube and I actually just saw this video (
) so I'm gonna try his suggestion and see if it works.
Tried it - doesn't work. Even bought multiple orange degreasers and tried creating different mixes, no impact.

This happened even with meticulously cleaning the seats and using GYEON Quartz LeatherShield when I first got it (used it a few times on the driver's seat).

Interesting. The SC left a grease mark on my white seats during the HW3 upgrade. I had also applied Gyeon Quartz Leather Shield and the grease marks came off using the Gyeon Leather cleaner. Maybe depends on the type of stain ?

29k miles here, mine were looking pretty bad, I cleaned them with diluted leather cleaner and re-applied leather shield and they are almost as good as new. The piping is showing a little wear though, but I do have almsot 30k miles.

When I first got the car I had a box or pot from home depot on the back seat. It has something written in sharpie on the bottom of it, and had also picked up some moisture. There is now a permanent purple dot from it, but it is very small such that no one really notices. In fact it may be fading over time.

29k miles here, mine were looking pretty bad, I cleaned them with diluted leather cleaner and re-applied leather shield and they are almost as good as new. The piping is showing a little wear though, but I do have almsot 30k miles.

When I first got the car I had a box or pot from home depot on the back seat. It has something written in sharpie on the bottom of it, and had also picked up some moisture. There is now a permanent purple dot from it, but it is very small such that no one really notices. In fact it may be fading over time.
Which leather cleaner did you use and how did you dilute it?

I've had good results by coating the white interior with Ultima Interior Guard Plus. Any marks or stains have been easily removed with McKee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner.

Probably best if applied when the interior is new.
I feel like such a noob...did even consider coating the seats when I first bought my car...but...Would you use the McKee's 37 before and after applying Ultima Interior Guard Plus? I want to clean them then protect them :):D

I feel like such a noob...did even consider coating the seats when I first bought my car...but...Would you use the McKee's 37 before and after applying Ultima Interior Guard Plus? I want to clean them then protect them :):D

Clean first, then coat/protect! So, use the McKee's 37 until you are happy with how clean the pleather is. Make sure it is dry and then apply the protectant/coating. I personally use Optimum Protectant Plus -- reapply every couple of months.

Once the seats are coated avoid using stronger chemicals for simple clean up. A damp microfiber towel may be all that is necessary. If not, use some diluted all purpose cleaner (McK 37 is fine, but I'd dilute it down).

Reactions: Jazz_MIII