Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone selling their Cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla was an ordinary company, they would charge what the market would bare for these initial cars. Put up each one for an auction and take all the money for themselves. Instead, they are selling them at regular list pricing with stipulation that early buyers cannot quickly resell theirs at a profit.

Reactions: ArchHamster
worst dealer markup ever, $200K over MSRP
1709139810621.png

lets be grateful Tesla is not a SOB

If Tesla was an ordinary company, they would charge what the market would bare for these initial cars. Put up each one for an auction and take all the money for themselves. Instead, they are selling them at regular list pricing with stipulation that early buyers cannot quickly resell theirs at a profit.

Which car manufacturer adds markup to their cars for initial high demand? From everything I have seen, the car manufacturers make no more money, but the independent dealers and flippers make the extra money on high demand for the initial cars.

The one sold at auction went to a Porsche Orlando dealership. Probably for a prank gift for a buddy that hates Teslas.

The other was likely a quick sale to carmax or whoever. Maybe forced to sell by the wife that didn't like it clashing with the gated community landscaping.

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
The one sold at auction went to a Porsche Orlando dealership. Probably for a prank gift for a buddy that hates Teslas.

The other was likely a quick sale to carmax or whoever. Maybe forced to sell by the wife that didn't like it clashing with the gated community landscaping.

Or this guy who bought into the Hype and found out what life is truly like living with a bigger vehicle. I suspect he won’t be the last

There's a fallacy in the argument of holding for 1 year before turning a profit. Stock trades! Come on!

If I can buy a share and sell the next day for a profit, the only penalty for profiteering should only be taxes. So, in the words, if we can do it on something of tangible value, why can't we do it on products? There's so much scalping on PS5, nVidia RTX cards, etc...It's the point in a capitalistic environment.

Universal income? That is another problem. You increase spending power, I can make a bet that inflation will increase. It increases demand which drives the prices up on things.

There's a fallacy in the argument of holding for 1 year before turning a profit. Stock trades! Come on!

If I can buy a share and sell the next day for a profit, the only penalty for profiteering should only be taxes. So, in the words, if we can do it on something of tangible value, why can't we do it on products? There's so much scalping on PS5, nVidia RTX cards, etc...It's the point in a capitalistic environment.

Universal income? That is another problem. You increase spending power, I can make a bet that inflation will increase. It increases demand which drives the prices up on things.

Scalpers manipulate the supply for their own benefit.

PS5 scalpers? Create bots to buy up all the supply before the average joe can buy one. High demand, low supply influenced by the scalpers themselves.

Same thing with cars. They take an MSRP car out of inventory reducing the supply.

Scalpers can burn and are an unwanted part of society.

I think we're picking and choosing how to define scalpers. If we can't get stuff for the price we want, we get angry. Normal part of human nature.

Nobody is really complaining about OPEC+ controlling the supply/demand. We seem to be OK with them scalping. I just don't get it. Screw oil they say? We need oil for other stuff other than powering cars. Milk, computer plastics, car bumpers, etc....They control the supply on it, stuff gets expensive for us.

We just need to control ourselves of what we want. Do we want money? Do we want the car?

I think we're picking and choosing how to define scalpers. If we can't get stuff for the price we want, we get angry. Normal part of human nature.

Nobody is really complaining about OPEC+ controlling the supply/demand. We seem to be OK with them scalping. I just don't get it. Screw oil they say? We need oil for other stuff other than powering cars. Milk, computer plastics, car bumpers, etc....They control the supply on it, stuff gets expensive for us.

We just need to control ourselves of what we want. Do we want money? Do we want the car?

Two different areas.

I was focusing on flippers, not the companies artificially limiting supply to manipulate prices.

It's a lot less frustrating when a OEM says, " MSRP for the car is $50K" and it isn't a price I can afford. It's incredibly frustrating when I can afford the car at $50K, there are dealers willing to sell it for MSRP, but their lists are clogged with people who don't want the car, but sees the car as an "investment" and just want to flip them. The supply was there for MSRP, but these flippers reduced supply now asking $70K. These flippers do not deserve to profit. They don't provide value as the product they had could have been bought at the dealer for MSRP if these low lifes didn't scoop them up.

Same with the low lives that created bots to buy PS5's at Best Buy, Amazon, etc that could buy the whole inventory before a human who actually wanted the PS5 can do it.

Reactions: FLRifleman