Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone still not received 2022.36 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't received it by last night so I went down and opened up the Software screen and scrolled down to update. For some reason, my car wasn't connected to WiFi, so I connected it, and a few seconds later it started downloading, but I don't know which action triggered it finally.

I’m going to 36.5 as I write this :cool:

BEB1E979-03C2-4C21-AF45-46377E6C533E.jpeg

About an hour I got notification of update ready. Got to home WiFi and looked at specifics. Ready to go from 2022.28.200 to 2022.36.6. I let it auto-download using my very good home WiFi. It took about 20 minutes, with starts and stops, in spurts, assuming server side cause.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should let it install. I've been on the FSDb waiting list and have heard getting it can be delayed by having new version from the main branch. People have written FSDb is forked from earlier trunk builds. In fact, the current 11.69.2.X builds are branched from 2022.20.X builds.

So, should I go with 2022.36.6?

Attachments

• FSD builds.jpg
    FSD builds.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 32
Finally getting 2022.36.5 been needing this update to improve www performance, yeah I use it every day for something very awesome. As usual the download will pause at 50% for an hour or so and continue. I know why this happens so I am not complaining. It’s for a good reason.

I've been on the FSDb waiting list and have heard getting it can be delayed by having a new version of the software (the ones they push us from the main branch).
So, should I go with 2022.36.6?

Go ahead and intall updates. It does not hinder FSDb eligibility.

I asked Tesla about this last night via the Service Request feature in the app. A knowledgable service tech called me this afternoon (not much more than 12 hours later) and answered my questions thoroughly! He assured me that having the newest software installed WILL NOT prevent an FSDb requester from keeping their place in the queue and getting the Beta just as soon as they otherwise would. He said, in fact, a condition of the warranty requires intalling updates as they come. So I kicked off the install. As I said, it was downloaded last night. After 25 minutes is only at 30% progress. But I digress.

I told him this needs to be widely and effectively communicated, because the consensus is clearly otherwise. If he is correct, then there needs to be a lot of new statements made to this affect in the many places it's being discussed.

Finally getting 2022.36.5 been needing this update to improve www performance, yeah I use it every day for something very awesome. As usual the download will pause at 50% for an hour or so and continue. I know why this happens so I am not complaining. It’s for a good reason.

So why does this happen? You can’t leave us hanging like that…

Ok…I should rephrase 🤣. I have armchair philosopher type theory as to why it hangs for a while. Meaning I’m probably totally wrong.

1) A backup of your car’s current state is happening so car can rollback if there is a problem installing.

2) Perhaps there is a portion of the process which requires a large number of small files to be zipped or tarred together in to multiple files. This would happen in Tesla’s cloud / data center..then the packaged files sent to car and unpackaged. In networking, higher transfer speeds can be achieved when sending less files…each file has a lot of overhead due to network protocol chatter. Zipping tons of files together in batches is A trick I use often over the years to move data around faster.