Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone still waiting for silver delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh dang you ordered back in Dec and still waiting!

I ordered on Feb 8th and I am already growing impatient.

I just checked my account and it looks like I got matched up with a silver metallic vin from 2018: 912xx. Delivery scheduled for Mar.29 is all I know at this point.

Not too excited about picking up such an old build. What happens to a batter sitting around for so long plus what defects it may have. They will have to give me specifics about what was wrong with the vehicle if I am to accept it. But looks like this may be the only way to get the off menu colour.

I just checked my account and it looks like I got matched up with a silver metallic vin from 2018: 912xx. Delivery scheduled for Mar.29 is all I know at this point.

Not too excited about picking up such an old build. What happens to a batter sitting around for so long plus what defects it may have. They will have to give me specifics about what was wrong with the vehicle if I am to accept it. But looks like this may be the only way to get the off menu colour.
Wow, that car could have been built 6 months ago. Mine's 104xxx, and it was built in Oct., delivered mid-Dec. It's close to perfect, but they delivered it, Home Delivery, with ZERO SOC. So far, battery's been okay.

Not too excited about picking up such an old build.

Tesla discontinued the silver color in September of 2018, IIRC. A day or two after placing an order for a white/white MR on the 14th, I got a call offering me a silver/white LR AWD demo car with 1,000 miles for $1400 more than the MR price. I was tempted, but I ultimately passed, since I didn't want a demo car with so many miles, and AWD doesn't have that much appeal to me, despite the fact that I live in the northeast. (I have the luxury of being able to work from home most days, so I can simply stay home when the driving conditions are terrible.) As it happens, the MR was discontinued and so I got an upgrade to an LR non-AWD, so it's looking like it'll work well for me. (I don't have the car yet; hopefully later this week or next week.)

I mention this anecdote simply to illustrate that Tesla seems to be getting rid of ~6-year-old showroom and test-drive cars about now, which would include the last of the silver paint jobs to be sold "new." At least, until they bring the color back; given Tesla's fondness for making random changes, this seems likely to me, sooner or later.

Tesla discontinued the silver color in September of 2018, IIRC. A day or two after placing an order for a white/white MR on the 14th, I got a call offering me a silver/white LR AWD demo car with 1,000 miles for $1400 more than the MR price. I was tempted, but I ultimately passed, since I didn't want a demo car with so many miles, and AWD doesn't have that much appeal to me, despite the fact that I live in the northeast. (I have the luxury of being able to work from home most days, so I can simply stay home when the driving conditions are terrible.) As it happens, the MR was discontinued and so I got an upgrade to an LR non-AWD, so it's looking like it'll work well for me. (I don't have the car yet; hopefully later this week or next week.)

I mention this anecdote simply to illustrate that Tesla seems to be getting rid of ~6-year-old showroom and test-drive cars about now, which would include the last of the silver paint jobs to be sold "new." At least, until they bring the color back; given Tesla's fondness for making random changes, this seems likely to me, sooner or later.
Nobody has called or emailed from tesla as of yet. I’ll have to try calling tomorrow to figure out the details on the silver. But, I’ve waited this long and yes it would be great if they introduced some more desirable colour options.

I found out the silver car was made in September. I told them I was concerned about the battery and tires sitting there for 6 months and didn’t want the car. If anyone else wants a silver car contact someone at Tesla and tell them there is at least this one available from September.

I found out the silver car was made in September. I told them I was concerned about the battery and tires sitting there for 6 months and didn’t want the car. If anyone else wants a silver car contact someone at Tesla and tell them there is at least this one available from September.
My September build is fantastic. I love every minute I get to spend driving it.

2E49A5B8-2C32-4024-A0AF-94B83FFC7E23.jpeg
2993DA1B-1C13-4AF7-BF15-9886EB33ACBA.jpeg
With a silver M3 with Aero wheels, consider painting the wheel cover the body color. It gives two distinct looks, covers off skews sports car, covers on skews spaceship.

My cost was $225 at my local body shop.
Have them mask off the center Tesla logo.

I leave the covers in most of the time.

• Love
Reactions: tinkererguy