Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Still Waiting On Their Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my P3D+ in Oct last year and still have heard nothing. I quit asking about 3 months ago. Just wondering if they have been adding these on now.

Edit: Can someone who has had theirs installed post a photo? Particularly if you have a white M3. I'm not even sure I want it but I would at least like the option.

I went in to SC for trim adjustment and asked about my spoiler (April 2019 Delivery) and the advisor said they had one there. Took 20 min and now I have my spoiler and think it looks great! If I hadn't asked I doubt I would have it on. May be worth a shot at your local service center.

Took delivery on 12/5/18 and Mobile Service arrived today for the spoiler install. I was told they will no longer install a rear spoiler on trunk lids that are wrapped (mine is covered in ppf). I was just going to take the spoiler uninstalled, but the Mobile Service tech dry fitted about 7 of them and none of them fit properly. All had visible gaps on one end or the other.

Yes, sort of. August delivery here FWIW. Local service center called me letting me know they'd send mobile tech out to install mine. When he arrived, he told me this was the first install he'd be doing. The spoiler jig for placement had a TON of play in it. The spoiler itself was poorly molded and didn't sit flush on one end. Sounds like whoever they have making them isn't doing a great job as @jkoya mentioned none of them fit right on his car either. The mobile tech told me he'd order me a replacement...I've yet to hear from anyone in over a month.

Mine was installed this past Friday. The jig has a lot of play, I measured and it's at least 3/8"+ off center. This off center mounting certainly effects the ability of the ends to sit flat. Mine was lifting off on the passenger side when the mobile tech was finished and now it's worse a few days later. Also, the top of it doesn't sit flush with the trunk line, I expected that it would.

I'm debating removing it and using the 3m body adhesive tape (like is on it from the factory) and redoing it myself with accurate mounting templates on the ends as well as a center mark on the car and the spoiler for visual reference when mounting. This can be done with painters tape while the spoiler is removed and has no adhesive on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker
I have paint protection on so the tech declined to put it on right now, I guess I'll have to remove the film put it on and put the film back.

Mobile Service wouldn't install over my Xpel ppf either. I guess there was a case somewhere in Northern CA where the spoiler was installed over ppf, came loose and then flew off and hit the car behind it. I contacted Xpel and they said there was no issue installing a spoiler over their ppf as long as the surface was properly prepped before the install.

I'm back in the queue for a third time waiting for a spoiler with no gaps at the ends.

Interesting. Mine was installed over Xpel about a month ago. Tech didn’t have a problem with it. Must be a new policy.

Might be the installer as well. The Mobile tech told me he was verbally told not to install over ppf and called his manager (bay area) to confirm and I could hear the manager tell him not to install over the ppf, but to just give me the spoiler. I had the same mobile tech for the last two spoiler attempts.

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
I thought I would post an update on my spoiler install from June 24, about 3 and a half weeks ago. The spoiler that was installed on my car (a bit off center) has started to pop up quite a bit on the passenger side. I kind of expected this since it seemed like the adhesive foam tape was under tension, potentially due to the off center nature of the spoiler. Also, I'm not sure if its the norm or not, but it seemed to be installed a bit high on the trunk lid so that it wasn't really flush. You can actually see the foam pulling apart in some spots, a cohesive failure of the tape. There looks to be adhesive failure as well though. I'm sure the warm weather and the tape being under tension led to this popping up in the past few days.

Adhesive-Failures.jpg

My dilemma is should I remove it, clean the surface, in detail mark center of the trunk lid and the spoiler, add new tape and then reinstall myself or just let Tesla take another swing at it again? I'm leaning towards doing it myself but in the event it pops again I don't want push back from Tesla blaming my re-installation.

IMG_5557.JPG
IMG_5554.JPG

My dilemma is should I remove it, clean the surface, in detail mark center of the trunk lid and the spoiler, add new tape and then reinstall myself or just let Tesla take another swing at it again? I'm leaning towards doing it myself but in the event it pops again I don't want push back from Tesla blaming my re-installation.

Maybe have Tesla bring out a new spoiler ?? Mobile service in Northern CA told me they have been replacing the spoilers that lift......just a thought.