Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone stuck on 2018.12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a weird way to operate. We've got Elon saying that they are going to add a button for you to request an update, so they are aware that people want updates. At the same time, they'll smash out 25% of the fleet in one night and then not have everyone updated even 10 weeks later.

I'd really love to know why they would leave a car on a 10 week old update while having at least two major updates between. I get not rushing everyone to the latest update in one day or even one week, but this kind of gap is harder to understand. What are they learning or saving by not updating the last 5% of the fleet?

What a weird way to operate. We've got Elon saying that they are going to add a button for you to request an update, so they are aware that people want updates. At the same time, they'll smash out 25% of the fleet in one night and then not have everyone updated even 10 weeks later.

I'd really love to know why they would leave a car on a 10 week old update while having at least two major updates between. I get not rushing everyone to the latest update in one day or even one week, but this kind of gap is harder to understand. What are they learning or saving by not updating the last 5% of the fleet?

EXCELLENT POINTS HERE

Android said they would allow you to check for updates and then install. It still took a year for the feature to actually work. Tesla is not doing great here but I don't feel the need to beat them up yet. Maybe in three months, six months definitely?

I was stuck on 2018.14 until this last week. Interestingly, I was in for (annual) service and for the first time ever, I came out of service without the latest software update :-(.

I emailed the service center. They apologized for not upgrading the firmware during the annual service and did something remotely and a few hours later I had the notification for the update that ended up being 2018.20.5.

So definitely worth asking the service center to flag your car for an update.

I know the feeling of being stuck on 2018.12 with no update in sight... It sucks seeing everyone else getting updates, and you have no ability to do anything about it. I'll be very thankful once the update button comes around.

I was stuck on 2018.12 until last week (X100D, AP 2.5). I checked my wifi, turned it off/on, and did the two-button reset several times. It finally gave me an update notice. Doubt it's because of anything I did, but the Tesla gods finally decided to reward me. The browser is noticeably faster (as is my LTE connection), but otherwise nothing too significant.