Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
84477502-2A1A-46BC-854E-537D21B37972.jpeg
Safe and sound next to little brother M3P

So hopefully this occurs today. Its been choppy getting here.
MSM performance black interior perf upgrade
Congratulations.

I just got a call for Tyco Center, VA stating that due to issues with the left gate that does not meet Tesla quality standards and requires parts from CA my delivery has been postponed indefinitely. My options are to wait for the parts or wait to there is another car with my specs manufactured. Both options will require Fremont to start production again. They had asked if I'm willing to take delivery on another Y of similar specs and when I told them yes they said there is nothing available in the area but there are cars still waiting for shipment at Fermont and they will check to see what is available.

Congratulations.

I just got a call for Tyco Center, VA stating that due to issues with the left gate that does not meet Tesla quality standards and requires parts from CA my delivery has been postponed indefinitely. My options are to wait for the parts or wait to there is another car with my specs manufactured. Both options will require Fremont to start production again. They had asked if I'm willing to take delivery on another Y of similar specs and when I told them yes they said there is nothing available in the area but there are cars still waiting for shipment at Fermont and they will check to see what is available.
I am sorry that these deliveries have been so sub par. Clearly this Covid issue makes everything more difficult. Many of the available cars are Performance.
I do believe that had I known that these quality issues were so prevalent, I would not have opted in. I am a substantial Tesla fan. I just do not believe that its an acceptable business practice to have to openly accept, in some cases, a flawed product.
I wish you the best in finding a solution.

Congratulations.

Man that is heart breaking, hopefully they can get you another soon. My car is supposed to be one of those cars waiting for shipment. It was supposed to get here March 29th.. but I am guessing something happened in CA, either the truck was full or who knows what, either way it got left behind and hasn't left since and they really don't know if or when it would arrive.. I honestly don't know if they are shipping anymore cars out of CA at this point, even if they have them. My guess is, best case end of June we might see some more cars start leaving CA.

So I had posted earlier about 2 weeks ago or so that I was a bit worry about getting deliver the MY, since I was getting a low vin# in the 3xx and my first ever Tesla vehicle. I got mine exactly March 31 in the afternoon and to my very happy surprise is perfect! No misalignments, no weird gaps, very clean, no paint issues, nothing. :)

View attachment 532918
View attachment 532919
View attachment 532920

Congrats Tony! I have the exact same spec'd YP Blue w/ PUP, and mine is also vin 3xx. I have a couple very minor issues though I've never really looked at these things before and honestly am not sure if it's just the message boards that have me noticing panel gaps! But in any case nothing that has me concerned or I wouldn't have taken delivery over, and I have a service appt next week and they are going to try to address the things I've noted. I'm certainly more than happy to have taken the car! Beautiful pics btw, I love the color and yours shows it nicely.

Congrats Tony! I have the exact same spec'd YP Blue w/ PUP, and mine is also vin 3xx. I have a couple very minor issues though I've never really looked at these things before and honestly am not sure if it's just the message boards that have me noticing panel gaps! But in any case nothing that has me concerned or I wouldn't have taken delivery over, and I have a service appt next week and they are going to try to address the things I've noted. I'm certainly more than happy to have taken the car! Beautiful pics btw, I love the color and yours shows it nicely.
I am thrilled to read about great delivery experiences. I too read many of the blogs regarding issues, panel gaps, upholstery rips etc. After one delivery balk, I took delivery of a perfect msm my pup. Quite thankful, it was a 148X vin.

Now I am shopping for the best solution to protect these uberturbine wheels. already have one RR thats scarred.
CONGRATS

I am thrilled to read about great delivery experiences. I too read many of the blogs regarding issues, panel gaps, upholstery rips etc. After one delivery balk, I took delivery of a perfect msm my pup. Quite thankful, it was a 148X vin.

Now I am shopping for the best solution to protect these uberturbine wheels. already have one RR thats scarred.
CONGRATS
Our Y is 148X as well. We had a few very minor issues and a curbed uberturbine/gouged tire but Tesla took care of everything within two weeks.

Our Y is 148X as well. We had a few very minor issues and a curbed uberturbine/gouged tire but Tesla took care of everything within two weeks.

Both of you are giving me hope that there won't be anything significantly wrong with my MY -- I am scheduled to take delivery of a MSM PUP tomorrow with a similar VIN (147X).

Reactions: DennyL
Both of you are giving me hope that there won't be anything significantly wrong with my MY -- I am scheduled to take delivery of a MSM PUP tomorrow with a similar VIN (147X).
I was shocked, pleasantly so at the high quality of the vehicle. It may help you to have a simple list of areas to inspect. Panels paint wheels interior etc. .

Last item. Ive had mine for 2 weeks. At a notorious turn i hit my right rear wheel on the curb. Ugly curb rash. Be careful. I hope it doesn't happen to you if it does I have a repair option.

You will fall in love with this vehicle. Enjoy!

I had a 18XX vin, nothing major wrong with it.. luckily the paint when I was most worried about was like 99% perfect, could very small chips on the door edges where it looks like the two doors came together some how