Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure that automobile repair shops count as essential in California, and any Tesla delivery station is also one of those. IANAL.

I was there all day while they worked on my car and chatted with the employees often about what would happen the 17th. Some things on their minds:
  1. They are paid hourly. No work, no pay.
  2. Many have kids who are now out of school for the foreseeable future... who watches them? No babysitters, no day care facilities. How do they come to work?
  3. They don’t have loaner cars for every repair and while they offer Uber credits, customers are not interested in sitting in a closed vehicle 3 feet from a stranger in a car that has been sat in/sneezed on/touched by countless strangers.
I was there working remotely for 5 hours and most waiting room seats were gone and for most of that time, very few cars were pulling in for service. I had the whole room to myself most of the time. Fun times!

Reactions: Electric Steve
I went back to Costa Mesa yesterday and asked the sales guy when will we start seeing MY on the streets and he said “You’ll know as soon as we do because we don’t find out until the public does kind of like Apple.” I found the response a little odd because I was expecting more of a response like “People are starting to take delivery today so you will start seeing them on the road soon.” It made me question if Costa Mesa has any deliveries lined up or if the guy I spoke to just had no idea that some were already being delivered. It was disappointing because I really was hoping to see one in the back being prepped for delivery.

Has anyone heard of any deliveries from Costa Mesa?

I am taking delivery today at Costa Mesa. Supervisor told me I was the first out of this location.

I really hope you guys cars have left the factory because if not they just announced that Tesla has to shut down and do bare minimum to stay and the county is not exempting Tesla from the shelter in the place. They will shut down for 3 weeks. So it will be a bit of a wait. However, safety first.

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_174403.jpg
    IMG_20200317_174403.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20200317_182726.jpg
    IMG_20200317_182726.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200317_182731.jpg
    IMG_20200317_182731.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200317_182825.jpg
    IMG_20200317_182825.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 75
I am taking delivery today at Costa Mesa. Supervisor told me I was the first out of this location.

Congrats @Kirito and thanks for sharing pics! I too am expecting my white MYP at Costa Mesa as well but so far had not heard or received any news like a VIN or any idea on when to take delivery. I do believe that you are the first one to get a MYP at the Costa Mesa location as I havent seen anyone else post anything close to a delivery.
Just curious, did you see any other MY there or saw a delivery on the same day as yours? Or did they mention any impending deliveries?

I'm betting that the ones already built are mostly delivered already. Future deliveries are mostly still in the factory.

I don't believe many have even be delivered, just a few. I think the real first wave is coming this next week or two. That's if they can continue delivering. Many people with delivery emails that are without VINs. With M3, you get an email based on availability of your order. Then VIN is assigned once getting close to delivery.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong