TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone trade their Sig for a new loaner car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by pilotSteve, Jun 16, 2013.

1. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Has anyone traded in their Signature model for a new loaner car? I'm curious what value Tesla would give the signature model in trade in on your "buy it if you like it" loaner car.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Also curious. I've given up thinking the sig has any value and REALLY want a p85.

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

You mean a P85+, no?! You already have a Sig P85...

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

A "Sig Angst" thread quote if I've ever heard one.

5. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

you'll be much better of selling your car and buying the demo... there was a $12k difference between what Tesla offered me for my 2012 P85 and what I sold it for....

6. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

The offer I got from Tesla was 17% off full invoice (not including state sales taxes) and a reduction of 1% per month. For ease of math on a non-sig it was something like $100K minus $17K minus $6K or $77K net.

I suspect the MB dealership would be much more brutal should you choose to return your S-Class after five months. It is never cheap to consume the new car smell.

Like fiksegts, I too did much better on the secondary market although I think he did much better than me :)

On a side note, I've taken the Sig and early delivery MS experiences and tried to learn from them. Mission Motors is coming out with what I feel is the first real electric super bike and it is everything I can do not to put down a deposit for delivery next year. It would seem the wise decision on these things is to let the dust settle, be patient and pick one up after they have been shipping for a few months. Man that's hard.

7. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

ah, your new car has no pano roof, we need to weigh and compare how much that saves! :)

did you do the solid red or black roof?

8. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I've found with previous cars that I open the sun roof three or four times the entire time I have the car. For me, it makes better sense not to have the thermal loading on the interior and to avoid the chance for breakage.

I went with the body color roof for the same thermal loading reasons.

I wish I'd weighted my last car as it was solid body color roof as well.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

woops, yeah... iPad typing :(

Don't even remind me