Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Use the Tesla 4U app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To do that, one needs to constantly query the position of the car and that will impact the phantom drain. One of my main goals is to not affect phantom drain. Also, if every time the car moves from the parked location, you'll get a notification, you'd be annoyed and turn off notifications.

However, I'm considering a feature which the app issues a notification if you are far from the car and the car is not at home.

how many time per day do you request the car? and so how many battery % phantom drain by day do you think your application consums ?

how many time per day do you request the car? and so how many battery % phantom drain by day do you think your application consums ?
Good question. This is answered in the FAQ in the app in more detail (Stats for Tesla app). I and several of my beta testers have measured the phantom drain with and without his app and the app does not have any measurable effect on phantom drain.

The histogram of phantom drain across all users of the app (attached) also shows that the mode (most frequent value) of the distribution is ~0.2mph (which is pretty good).

Attachments

• IMG_DB888425482C-1.jpeg
    IMG_DB888425482C-1.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 48
Good question. This is answered in the FAQ in the app in more detail (Stats for Tesla app). I and several of my beta testers have measured the phantom drain with and without his app and the app does not have any measurable effect on phantom drain.

The histogram of phantom drain across all users of the app (attached) also shows that the mode (most frequent value) of the distribution is ~0.2mph (which is pretty good).

So your app doesn't request tesla's server ? or only one time / day ?

Re stop charge scheduling:
Yeah, I don't think I'll do just a stop charge. My current thinking is to implement a feature that you ask Siri what the start time should be and the app computes the start time which causes the car to reach the charge limit at the desired time. the user then can set the start time in the car.

Exactly!

For cold weather, when you want your car to be ready and warm enough to leave at 7 AM with a load of 90% that just finished charging.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Yes, for me it had crazy vampire drain of about 1 mile of range per hour. Had some nice features but I deleted due to crazy drain rates. Developer states the app has been updated to address that. It’s free so I’d install it and see how it works for you. You can always delete it and change your Tesla account password if you don’t like the app. I use Stats for Tesla now and it has a lot of great and useful features.

so i try T4U, and the offline mode : 1KWH in 48h parking. I think it's a very good consumption.

What about if you break your phone or loose it ?
I get a new one. Pronto. Because it is not only the literal key to my car, it is a crucial organizer to my life in general. Which is why this--
totally agree. I’d be more concerned with my data/personal information being sold. Third parties already know your location:

Despite promises to stop, US cell carriers are still selling your real-time phone location data

---gets me all sorts of choked up. :(