Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyway to disable rear seltbelt warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the rear seats in the Model S have seat belt warnings too? I know it was a feature in the Model X but I didn't know it made its way into the Model S as well.

I love it, that way I don't need to look back to make sure everyone has their belts fastened. But it is a bit annoying if a passenger is leaning onto an empty seat which triggers the weight sensor and then gives me a warning popup.

Does the rear seats in the Model S have seat belt warnings too? I know it was a feature in the Model X but I didn't know it made its way into the Model S as well.

I love it, that way I don't need to look back to make sure everyone has their belts fastened. But it is a bit annoying if a passenger is leaning onto an empty seat which triggers the weight sensor and then gives me a warning popup.
Our Model S from 12/2016 only has it for front seats. The Model S from 3/2017 has it for front and rear seats.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Isofix child seats trigger it too, grr.
Ran around with the base and seat in for a week when we were at DEFCON 2 awaiting for our little guy to be born, then finally get him chilled out to leave hospital for home, click into the car, bing bing.. often.
Didn’t wake him though! But pretty distracting- would be useful to have a “yeah there’s something there now quit nagging” toggle