Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 2.0 Bait and Switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just traded in my Model S for a new Model X so I'm in the same boat. I was super excited that they upgraded the hardware after my order was placed (and prior to production) and jumped at the chance to upgrade the autopilot features. While it is annoying that certain features are not working yet, you need to chill. Going on an on about bait and switch, citing federal and state statutes, certified letters, oral contracts, etc. is not going to get you a lot of sympathy on this board as most people here have benefited by receiving unexpected features that were added after they got their cars. On my Model S, these included location based suspension settings, enhanced navigation features, better sound quality, enhanced homelink functionality, etc. While we all get annoyed that certain things in the cars don't work right or may need to be fixed, waiting a few weeks for the software rollout while they work to make the system safer is something I can handle without too much frustration. The only thing that I think Tesla could be doing here is holding off on collecting the portion of the lease payment attributable to the self driving and autopilot features until they are activated.

On a side note, I hope the new hardware finally allows for Tesla to roll out a 360 camera birds eye view for parking reasons much like every other "premium" or "luxury" brand has had for some time now...

Not likely to happen, as there isn't a front facing camera that has the required view. (And people wouldn't be happy with the reddish-gray image since all but the rear camera are essentially black and white cameras.)