Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Racing Radi-CAL Front Competition Brake Kit Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MasterC17 first off want to thank you and the other "track junkies" for putting up such great information. I am about to pull the trigger on the AP kit because of the black friday sale is stacking on my wholesale discount with Essex. With that said I really hope you can give me some advice on which pad to get on the kit. I have zero experience with Ferrodo. This is my daily driver and track car. Are you able to recommend one of their Ferrodo compounds that will serve as dual purpose. I understand you don't daily your car but your thoughts are still valuable to me.

@MasterC17 first off want to thank you and the other "track junkies" for putting up such great information. I am about to pull the trigger on the AP kit because of the black friday sale is stacking on my wholesale discount with Essex. With that said I really hope you can give me some advice on which pad to get on the kit. I have zero experience with Ferrodo. This is my daily driver and track car. Are you able to recommend one of their Ferrodo compounds that will serve as dual purpose. I understand you don't daily your car but your thoughts are still valuable to me.

I've actually been really happy with the Ferodo DS3.12 for normal driving. It is silent, and the brakes work perfectly well even when cold. On-track I have nothing but good things to say about it - consistent, firm, and linear. The only downside is cost, they are not cheap. That being said, as a dual purpose pad I think they work very well.

Reactions: Mash
I'm using Performance Friction 11 in mine. I've only been out on track with them once so far but they had the edge on the APF404 pads my calipers came with. Great on the road too and no noise whatsoever so far.