Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 and Older Dash Cams - Latest Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owner of a 2016 Model S with AP1

Tons of info on installing dash cams here, and a lot of it is helpful, but a lot of it is also old. So, looking for current thinking around installing dash cams.

To sum it up for me, I'm after the best coverage while driving and parked with minimal amount of wires showing in the car, and self-install capabilities.

So, it seems like dual channel is the way to go for that, but also hearing about 360 cameras now. These single 360 cameras seem interesting, but does the coverage make any sense given all the viewing obstacles from inside the car?

Again, I would love to not have to run a wire across the inside of the car (front to back). I'm just anal about not having stuff like that hanging around the interior. So, might it make sense to have two different systems? One to wire direct by the rear view mirror and one to wire direct to the power liftgate connection? I mean it's a little more overall maintenance (plus 2 memory cards), but also super simple installs at each location if they're not tied together.