Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still haven't got 2019.36.2 either but since we don't get the power upgrade the other features are just meh so I'm not in any rush unless one of them ungimps my P85D supercharging speeds.

I'm still running v9 hoping Tesla will restore split screen for the browser so I can run Waze for Tesla... and make swapping my summer only Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on 21" Arachnids and all-season Michelin MXM tires on 19" Cyclones as easy as it is in v9 (no trip to Tesla Service Center required).

Still haven't got 2019.36.2 either but since we don't get the power upgrade the other features are just meh so I'm not in any rush unless one of them ungimps my P85D supercharging speeds.

Glad to see that I am not the only one without the latest update on my :eek:ld" car.

I read somewhere that the newer firmware update for AP1 Teslas has scheduled charging, although that is not a huge benefit for me.

I'm still on 2018.50.6, with a 2015 P85D. My range is currently 246 on 100% charge. I have a Spotify premium account, and it'd be "cool" to have it available in the car instead of bluetooth.

Here's my list of issues, and I don't know if a software update fixes them:
  • When I get/make a bluetooth phone call, I have to scroll the volume wheel after answering. Otherwise, there's no audio.
  • It's erratic, but 80% of the time I park, and open the driver door, the volume doesn't go down. When I get out and close the door, the stereo keeps playing for 1-5 seconds. Occasionally, the stereo won't stop at all, and I have to go back and open the door, wait, close the door, and then it goes off.
  • It's erratic, but 80-90% of the time I get into the car after it's been parked, the A/C comes full on (fan speed 11) as soon as I get in the car. I do not turn the fan on, so it's not remembering the last setting it was on. It's become almost habit now, where I get in, and have to press and hold the fan button.
  • A few times a month, the A/C turns on by itself, usually in the middle of the night. I get in my car in the morning to find it quite frosty inside, around 50 degrees because the A/C has been running for many hours.
If I take my car in, they'll probably make me do an update. Will the update fix any of these?

Just received firmware update 2019.36.2.7 b460230 on our 2015 AP1 Tesla S 85. According to the release note it has two new features:
1. Scheduled charging
2. Automatic Navigation.
These are nice features for people who go to work every day but as a retired person this is not very useful to me.

I had called Tesla Customer Service this morning around 10:00 AM (CST). The nice lady told me that my car was up-to-date and "she would push the new SW, if she could". By 1:00 PM I had notification that a new SW was available for update. Is this pure coincidence?

I have read that Tesla will have different horn options and the sound of horse trotting at slow speed. Apparently Tesla cars are so quiet that it has become a safety issue and the Govt. is requiring all EVs to have this option. Now that is something I would like. I would also like Tesla cars to beep when in reverse.

Also just received request to upgrade. Also retired, and agree these new features are definitely not worth the risk of range removal or SuC throttling.

Going stay on my current release (See signature) as it seems to be a parking lot for our 2015ish, AP1, 85D cars.

Maybe they will forget about us and leave us alone...they have other things worth doing, like that Ford contest, and some windows to fix...plus maybe MCU1 upgrade...

I'm still on 2018.50.6, with a 2015 P85D. My range is currently 246 on 100% charge. I have a Spotify premium account, and it'd be "cool" to have it available in the car instead of bluetooth.

Here's my list of issues, and I don't know if a software update fixes them:
  • When I get/make a bluetooth phone call, I have to scroll the volume wheel after answering. Otherwise, there's no audio.
  • It's erratic, but 80% of the time I park, and open the driver door, the volume doesn't go down. When I get out and close the door, the stereo keeps playing for 1-5 seconds. Occasionally, the stereo won't stop at all, and I have to go back and open the door, wait, close the door, and then it goes off.
  • It's erratic, but 80-90% of the time I get into the car after it's been parked, the A/C comes full on (fan speed 11) as soon as I get in the car. I do not turn the fan on, so it's not remembering the last setting it was on. It's become almost habit now, where I get in, and have to press and hold the fan button.
  • A few times a month, the A/C turns on by itself, usually in the middle of the night. I get in my car in the morning to find it quite frosty inside, around 50 degrees because the A/C has been running for many hours.
If I take my car in, they'll probably make me do an update. Will the update fix any of these?

I believe the V10 updates will fix the first two items. The rest sound like a problem with your car. Perhaps an MCU1 problem. In this case an update might make things worse.

Spotify does work well, better than Tune in. But if you still have good range and High SuC speeds I would be loath to do an update...

With regards to your second point, the update before last had the volume go down when any door is opened, and going off of memory it works consistently 100% of the time. I don't recall the volume not going down in my car when the driver's door was opened on any previous firmware though.

... and
  1. Will the web browser run Waze for Tesla ?
  2. Does swapping between 21" summer and 19" winter tires / wheels require a trip to a Tesla Service Center ?
About 1.
Browser is one of my concerns as well, so I tested it again.
In 2019.32.12.7, it had a good run: worked like a week or so and performed like a champ' (champ running on a Intel 386SX of course :D)
But it was too good to be true and died. Any amounts of reboot did not help

So comes 2019.40.2 this morning and "voilà": browser back to life, release notes loading (after a few seconds), html5test reports 320 as usual, and any page I tried loaded quite fast (remember, 386SX style)... and even Tesla Waze.

I'm the guy trying to always look on the bright side of life (Monty Python, anyone???) : so this update is the greatest. That being said, there is a chance it won't last. But again, so far so good.;)

About 1.
Browser is one of my concerns as well, so I tested it again.
In 2019.32.12.7, it had a good run: worked like a week or so and performed like a champ' (champ running on a Intel 386SX of course :D)
But it was too good to be true and died. Any amounts of reboot did not help

So comes 2019.40.2 this morning and "voilà": browser back to life, release notes loading (after a few seconds), html5test reports 320 as usual, and any page I tried loaded quite fast (remember, 386SX style)... and even Tesla Waze.

I'm the guy trying to always look on the bright side of life (Monty Python, anyone???) : so this update is the greatest. That being said, there is a chance it won't last. But again, so far so good.;)

That's great news! THANKS!

Let me know after a week of running Waze for Tesla if it still works... and if not does turning off Traffic in navigation, opening Sketchpad then scribbling something and closing it, then re-opening the web browser bring the browser / Waze for Tesla back to life. This works most of the time for me on 2019.32.2.1 (v9)