Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So:
  1. Your browser works... and remains working? (including Waze for Tesla)
  2. You see the release notes?
  3. Can access the owner's manual?
I've left my 2015 P85D on v9 because I use Waze for Tesla all the time to stay ticket free.
1. Yes, my browser works. I don't use Waze for Tesla. Actually my browser is a bit quicker to load now. That's not really saying much though, because it still sucks.
2. No, I cannot see the release notes. But this has occurred multiple times in the past.
3. Yes, I can access the owner's manual.

What I mostly meant by "no issues" was that the features I use on a daily basis still function as normal.

It looks like they finally fixed the lag on push to talk. It's worked every time I use it. The browser is somewhat better but doesn't work well with tesla waze.

I have found a bug that has probably been around a while. When you're backing up, if you go into the HVAC controls, the backup camera goes away. There's no reason they couldn't just shift the screen up a bit. Should I be adjusting the temps while backing up? Probably not but it does happen every now and again. Also, to be clear, if I just adjust the temps and not go to defrost etc, the camera does stay.

if you go into the HVAC controls, the backup camera goes away.
If you touch any of the popup controls this happens. Serious flaw. Been this way since the 9.x. I reported it to Tesla back in January. This was their response at the time:

Thank you for writing in about the reverse camera. This is something that our techs will look into. We do want our customers to be safe and the back up camera is important for that.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
It looks like they finally fixed the lag on push to talk. It's worked every time I use it. The browser is somewhat better but doesn't work well with tesla waze.

I have found a bug that has probably been around a while. When you're backing up, if you go into the HVAC controls, the backup camera goes away. There's no reason they couldn't just shift the screen up a bit. Should I be adjusting the temps while backing up? Probably not but it does happen every now and again. Also, to be clear, if I just adjust the temps and not go to defrost etc, the camera does stay.
I see what you mean, while in reverse, the HVAC controls wipe out the backup camera, which does not return. You can close the HVAC screen and even though you are still in reverse, the back up camera will not return till you re select reverse

Still waiting patiently for 2019.36.2 update for our 2015 Tesla S. I don't know why they are so slow rolling out the new software to the older cars. I have set the software download to "advanced" and have good WiFi connection in the garage.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the new software update?

I
Still waiting patiently for 2019.36.2 update for our 2015 Tesla S. I don't know why they are so slow rolling out the new software to the older cars. I have set the software download to "advanced" and have good WiFi connection in the garage.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the new software update?

I’m still waiting for it too. Hopefully, whatever they’re doing by not updating us yet will be a good thing for our cars.