Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But most of us are on 2018.50.6

Only about 10% of us (AP1) have anything newer; I was one of the earlier ones this time around. I recall being one of the last to get 2018.50.6. I still see no differences or improvements in AP or any other driving aspect or media control having 2019.8.4 over 2018.50.6, so unless you plan on using dog mode regularly or are looking for memory folding mirrors ( I haven't tried it; don't care) you're not missing anything. I have never been a frequent user of TACC, but I tried it once since the latest update and I still prefer my own control of the car in traffic thank you very much. Voice control didn't work once, but it hasn't worked at times before; one reboot and now it works for a while again. I have not seen the weird graphic error during charging that I have before though, yet.

This is not a complaint: the car was awesome before the update and it is still awesome. I have said it before and Ill say it again: I don't care if AP1 ever changes from what it is now, I love driving this car. With gas prices now at $ 1.69 per litre in much of the lower parts of BC do you think I will ever go back? :p

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 8.08.00 AM.png

I just got my used S today and during testing, app worked perfectly with opening trunk/frunk/unlock car. Went home and it prompted me to update so I did. Now I' m on 2018.50.6 and in same boat as you, those things dont work anymore :( Can still turn on air and vent roof.. but can't unlcok things.

I had an issue like this after updating to 2018.50.6, but the underlying cause might be different from yours because that software update happened during an MCU replacement (the center screen computer). :confused:

I recommend giving tech support a call. My problem was fixed over the air, maybe yours can be too.

Bruce.

I had an issue like this after updating to 2018.50.6, but the underlying cause might be different from yours because that software update happened during an MCU replacement (the center screen computer). :confused:

I recommend giving tech support a call. My problem was fixed over the air, maybe yours can be too.

Bruce.

Tech support as in service center? Or is there another number I should be calling?

Tech support as in service center? Or is there another number I should be calling?

Sorry, I forgot you just got the car. You can call or visit your service center or the toll-free roadside assistance number (also known as customer support) at 877-798-3752. I think any of these should work equally well. If it's not super-important to you, one possibility is to batch up any other issues and go to the service center and have them work all of them off at the same time.

Bruce.

Reactions: drummerboy7816
Sorry, I forgot you just got the car. You can call or visit your service center or the toll-free roadside assistance number (also known as customer support) at 877-798-3752. I think any of these should work equally well. If it's not super-important to you, one possibility is to batch up any other issues and go to the service center and have them work all of them off at the same time.

Bruce.

Ah thanks! Yes, I need the rim rashes fixed (free agreed upon at delivery) as well as the sunroof greased and the sealing aligned (some or not seated properly it looks like) so I’ll add this to my first service to-do list :)

Can anyone comment on whether they can select “Cabin Overheat Protection” in the Safety & Security section of the settings after upgrading to 2019 software?
I have 2018.50.6 and it is not available no matter how I change the other settings. At least one other member has reported the same issue with 50.6. Hot weather is here in NorCal and I want to save my screens from further damage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 97
Can anyone comment on whether they can select “Cabin Overheat Protection” in the Safety & Security section of the settings after upgrading to 2019 software?
I have 2018.50.6 and it is not available no matter how I change the other settings. At least one other member has reported the same issue with 50.6. Hot weather is here in NorCal and I want to save my screens from further damage.
I'm on 18.50.6 and it's working well for me.

IMG_20190427_170514.jpg

Security alarm on disables cabin overheat protection on my car. They appear to be mutually exclusive. Have you tapped the i in a circle for the explanation?

Yes, I have (although that is weird to me—sacrifice security for the longevity of my screens?). I also chatted with support 3x, and the conclusion during each, after troubleshooting, was “that’s weird, you need to schedule a service center appointment”. This process included rebooting, deep resetting, etc. I am puzzled as to why it’s not a selectable option on my car.

Last edited:
2019.12.1 for a few days. No change in autopilot for AP1. Release notes:
View attachment 401966 View attachment 401969

Battery warmup is a welcome feature but I find it odd that the battery would need warming if you have been driving for certain amount of time: Is the battery not warm enough for optimal charging after operating the vehicle for say an hour?

Also, in browsing the 2019.12.X thread many are claiming 12.1 didn't last long as it was replaced very quickly with 12.1.1.