Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest Nav update pictured a few posts above was 6.4 GB. If your WiFi connection isn’t rock solid, you might not get it.

The SC was just blowing you off.

I’ve been tethering my iPhone 12 Pro Max to the car (I won’t have 5G service until my next billing cycle bc AT&T is greedy) And I noticed that this map update — while it is progressing — Is doing so more slowly than any previous map update.

Until reading this post, I assumed it was my new phone causing the slow download (I was having trouble connecting the iPhone 12 to my Model S.

Knowing that the updated clocks in at 6.5 GB helps explain why it’s going so slow… Perhaps it’s not the phone after all...

Version 2020.40.9.2 showed up on TeslaFi today with a handful of AP1 who installed it.

Anyone here?

Looks like it is going wide, with all those AP1 on 2020.36.11 being switched over to 2020.40.9.2 from what I can see.

Happy to see the update now is finished (uploading, applying, finishing, rebooting {insert more computer update terms here} etc.) when it says 100% on the app; not like before when it hung up on 100% for long periods of time, and 100% was actually more like 60% completed.

Nice to vent the windows; now if they had a way to close them all at once: Like maybe double click on the drivers window switch?, it would be appreciated.

Sadly, my high-resolution files (24 bit) still do not play from my USB.

Bluetooth pairing preference? meh. not big on my list.

And I have not seen the media centre/Spotify update message, but I currently am not subscribed, so maybe that is the reason.

Have not driven yet, I just clicked around on the touchscreen, no negatives with the update at this point, but if I don't post back by the end of the day I suppose nothing is broken with this update. It is cold enough here today to know how the regen will react. Turned the pre-condition on and the battery warming icon is on.

Always concerning now is if anyone will get the "center display storage device degraded" message because it is not an OEM chip...

Looks like it is going wide, with all those AP1 on 2020.36.11 being switched over to 2020.40.9.2 from what I can see.

And I have not seen the media centre/Spotify update message, but I currently am not subscribed, so maybe that is the reason.
Thanks for the feedback.

Going wide in the US, not really outside yet :(

Spotify improvements is from .44, so probably in a couple of months for "us" o_O

Thanks for the feedback.

Going wide in the US, not really outside yet :(

Spotify improvements is from .44, so probably in a couple of months for "us" o_O

I’m not in the US. ;)

I forgot to add it is also nice to not have to hit that enter button after hitting the 4 pin to drive buttons; that half a second is a very long time, every time you want to drive the car.

I received 2020.40.9.2 as well. I haven't supercharged with it and only went on 1 short drive and everything seemed normal.

I think we aren't receiving updates for 3 reasons. 1. Because there isn't much to tweak (AP1) and have had 6 years to refine. 2. MCU1 is already stressed enough that it cant handle anything more. 3. Reduce the number of write cycles to prevent warranty replacement.

Gonna be interesting if v11 (or holiday update) will be available for AP1/MCU1 cars this year.

Reactions: RobK
I updated this am....and used a super just to see how it would do. It was the same as it’s been. I hit just over 100kw with about 23%soc. So good they didn’t take that ability away (again)

I’m glad they gave us the ability to know before the dang Emmc kicks the bucket. Now I won’t be getting in the car thinking is today the day my screen will go blank!

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec