Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing 2020.48.26 (Holiday update) now..

5A701861-95AC-437A-9FFB-E3865F2D4CAE.jpeg

Reactions: Evee
Charge it beyond 80% and the coolant pumps will definitely come on; that is the hum.
We routinely charge to 90%. We had the hum about 6 months ago but haven’t (keeping fingers crossed) since September wheh I got an update that started the downhill crapping out of my Emmc (“it’s just bad firmware” tho) the service center pushed 2020.48.12.1 when it was there last week and still no hum. But the firmware is also still bad. (Insert eye roll emoji here)

had anyone done extensive supercharging with this update? When not sharing a cabinet?

I had a MY as a loaner and it left me wanting a new Y. I stopped at a super so I could make it home. It hit 200kw peak and stayed there for quite a bit.

We routinely charge to 90%. We had the hum about 6 months ago but haven’t (keeping fingers crossed) since September wheh I got an update that started the downhill crapping out of my Emmc (“it’s just bad firmware” tho) the service center pushed 2020.48.12.1 when it was there last week and still no hum. But the firmware is also still bad. (Insert eye roll emoji here)

Come to think of it I don't know if I have charged beyond 80% on the last few updates, so maybe I spoke from memory (time flies)
and they have now programmed the car to use the pumps less often of late, once they have determined the possible spontaneous fire threat is under control. Or perhaps they are taking the ambient temperatures into account, and with us in the pacific northwest that might be a reason they are less active compared to the summer months. They are always changing the cars behaviour; it is so tough to get a common baseline. It has been anecdotally reported that the same car on the same update may have different BMS algorithms, so who knows anymore :confused:

Our 85D AP1 MCU1 got the 48.12.1 install Friday night - install scheduled for 10 pm, scheduled charging from a NEMA 14-50 outlet at midnight.

For whatever reason, post-install, the charging was limited to 30A (and had a charging error in car); once I unplugged and replugged, I was able to up the limit to 40A again.

Also, the charging is now at x8% limits instead of x0%, that is it charges to 68/78/88/98 instead of 70/80/90/100. Not sure if related or coincidence, this is the first I've seen of this behavior but didn't explicitly check prior to the update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaLoung...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Battery fans were extremely loud (think something similar to what you hear after a couple of launches in insane+ or Ludicrous mode on a hot day) when charging today after the holiday update. SoC was 75% and garage temperature was ~60°. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Yes, I've. The fans/pumps kicking off during/after charging is not limited to ~78% SoC threshold as commonly reported. I've even observed it few times between 40-50% SoC on 24amp AC charging regardless of the temperature.

Epastor, please confirm which update this is? I am on 40.9.2 which has the eMMC warning, but nothing else bad AFAIK.

Being prompted for 48.12.1. if this has the small fonts I don't want it. In fact I may never update again.

I think its 48.25 with the small fonts. I am on 48.12 and my time and battery are still in the bottom left corner (the posts of the MCU2 with 48.25 have them smaller in the bottom right).

check here for the difference.
https://new.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...size_comparison_before_and_after_most_recent/

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Epastor, please confirm which update this is? I am on 40.9.2 which has the eMMC warning, but nothing else bad AFAIK.

Being prompted for 48.12.1. if this has the small fonts I don't want it. In fact I may never update again.

That update is fine, it is the latest one 2020.48.26 that has the cluster font changes, and I'm with you; I will not be updating to smaller speedometer fonts.

Reactions: aerodyne