Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 features to be released "in about 3 weeks"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks Elon time. Also unknown, what's coming in 3 weeks vs. in later releases. Could be just cruise control. Who knows.

There are no guarantees all or even most of what is advertised will be release before the car turns to dust. And yes, I was one of those who paid for "691hp car" Tesla advertised, and yes, I was kidding myself it's coming in a software update as per Tesla's own website. :-(

Last edited:
3 weeks Elon time. Also unknown, what's coming in 3 weeks vs. in later releases. Could be just cruise control. Who knows.

There are no guarantees all or even most of what is advertised will be release before the car turns to dust. And yes, I was one of those who paid for "691hp car" Tesla advertised, and yes, I was kidding myself it's coming in a software update as per Tesla's own website. :-(

It doesn't seem to stop your addiction though. :)

What I find more exciting than the 3 week thing is the incremental monthly releases. Tesla definitely over promises, and under-delivers. Hell, it's essentially how Musk operates. But, I think it's reasonable to expect EAP will be pretty awesome within a 3-6 month time frame.

It doesn't seem to stop your addiction though. :)

What I find more exciting than the 3 week thing is the incremental monthly releases. Tesla definitely over promises, and under-delivers. Hell, it's essentially how Musk operates. But, I think it's reasonable to expect EAP will be pretty awesome within a 3-6 month time frame.

It doesn't stop it, of course, Teslas are great cars (ok, Model S is, Model X was a small letdown for me)! :D That said, I didn't purchase EAP or full autonomous with my latest order though - this time I'll wait until it does what I feel justifies the price, rather than pay for hope that it will do what I paid for while I still own the car. If Tesla was to extend the bumper to bumper warranty until the car is able to drop me off at the Seattle Airport and meet me 3 days later in Buffalo, NY - I'd buy it today, probably even 2. Of course they wouldn't do that, even Elon is not that crazy (or at least his lawyers and accountants won't let him be).;)

• Helpful
Reactions: bswn1
It doesn't stop it, of course, Teslas are great cars (ok, Model S is, Model X was a small letdown for me)! :D That said, I didn't purchase EAP or full autonomous with my latest order though - this time I'll wait until it does what I feel justifies the price, rather than pay for hope that it will do what I paid for while I still own the car. If Tesla was to extend the bumper to bumper warranty until the car is able to drop me off at the Seattle Airport and meet me 3 days later in Buffalo, NY - I'd buy it today, probably even 2. Of course they wouldn't do that, even Elon is not that crazy (or at least his lawyers and accountants won't let him be).;)

I can certainly understand not getting the FSD package since we don't even know how EAP performs in the rain. Plus Tesla makes absolutely no promises when it comes to the FSD package so outside of enthusiasm it's a little hard to justify that.

But, you certainly have more control than I do in not getting the EAP. One of the things I've loved about the Model S was the Christmas like moments before a release of new AP features.

I'm going to miss that as I wait till May of 2018 to trade in my 2015 70D. Of course AP 2.0 could perform lousy in the rain, and the entire things could be mute.