Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Software update start rolling out beyond the initial 1000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a note (10PM) saying update is available for my Model S 90D. My car was delivered on 12/24, with AP2 hardware.

I thought the initial 1000 were released two days ago.

Nice - have you had a chance to see the software version? What version are you currently on?

Elon did tweet in the original announcement regarding the initial 1,000 cars that the rest of the feel would be uploaded to "next week". That tweet took place on Saturday, so today is literally next week. I assumed he meant next week as in 01/15/17 - 01/21/17, but it could have been 01/08/17 - 01/14/17.

Just got a note (10PM) saying update is available for my Model S 90D. My car was delivered on 12/24, with AP2 hardware.

I thought the initial 1000 were released two days ago.

I just got my update note too, and had my car delivered around the same time with AP2 hardware. I only got 2.50.180. So automatic headlights and equalizer settings.....

I just received the update on my 90D last night also and ran down to run it immediately after but isn't not what I was expecting. It's the v8.0(2.50.180) update which fixed the Headlight and Rain Sensors, the Supercharger Amenities, Automatic Driver Profiles and the Equalizer Settings. That's about it I'm afraid! :(

• Disagree
Reactions: Robertj
I don't mind the curse. I would be jumping for joy as an alpha/beta tester and experience everything that people have complained about the .185

I may be in the minority, but I know what I signed up for when I order my AP2 car on the day when they announced the AP2 hardware.

I'm generally in agreement, but at least so far, I've seen nothing out of .185 but losing cruise control. Hopefully the camera calibration finishes soon so I can actually have something new to be excited about.

I guess note that I'm not super angry or anything(although it would have been nice to have the car just fall back to regular old cruise control during calibration). Just eager to actually get the new features.

I just received the update on my 90D last night also and ran down to run it immediately after but isn't not what I was expecting. It's the v8.0(2.50.180) update which fixed the Headlight and Rain Sensors, the Supercharger Amenities, Automatic Driver Profiles and the Equalizer Settings. That's about it I'm afraid! :(
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't really 'fix' the headlight or rain sensors (automatic lights/wipers) just yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I received the update last night and only drove this morning, haven't had a chance to test either one yet. I'm just excited for some AP software updates, at least the TACC would be fantastic!
I'm looking forward to the update as well. I did over 1200 miles Christmas weekend and over 200 miles last weekend. TACC would've been great to have. I'm just glad regular cruise control was available. :)

Reactions: pilotSteve and byt