Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Software update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo! First ever software update for my new car. How exciting! Feels like the longest 2 minutes wait in my life. lol.

By the way, the Tesla app never given me notification even though I triple checked the notification is on in the last few days. I got in the car about to drive off this morning and the software update screen is on the monitor!

IMG_20161212_110809.JPG

Yeah once in a blue moon, the push notification won't come through. That's why some of us obsessively run to our cars every hour when we're expecting an update to be rolled out (half-kidding)

BTW, if you tap the countdown, you can get it to skip the 2 minute wait.

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
I have nothing to compare with. What was the issue before? It seems to work as expected, in a very light rain/flurry here yesterday.

As much as I know me and my wife weren't the only ones to complain about it. The interval settings are horrible and they may wipe to much or too little. And the sensitivity is just out of the world terrible it doesn't do anything but speed them up too much or not have them wipe enough!:mad:

Yea, I turned mine on when it rain. Does it auto on when it rains even when the control is at the lowest setting that marked "0"?

The absolute lowest setting is completely off and will not activate the wipers automatically. The other settings are auto-sense low, auto-sense high, standard low, standard high (maybe one more?).

The problems folk seem to encounter with the auto settings mostly surround how the sensor decides it is time to move the wipers and how quickly they should move. From my experience, the auto-sense wipers only work well in moderate to heavy rain. Light rain or driving just after rain (where there is mist being kicked up) don't seem to fit into the wiper logic very well. Enough mist on the sensor and it goes into "oh-crap-full-speed-ahead-wipewipewipewipewipe" mode. On the other end of the spectrum, in light rain, you might end up with 90% of your windshield covered in rain drops before the magic drop hits the sensor just right to initiate that first automatic wiper pass.

It's just quirky. I roll my eyes at it a bit, but honestly it is not so bad that my enjoyment of the car is diminished.

Pro tip: The sliver button on the end of the stalk will make a wiper pass when pressed slightly. Holding it down initiates the windshield washer fluid (another topic of contention). In light rain I'll often throw in an audible and force the wipers to make a pass in between automatic passes.

My first drive from home was in the early morning, so it was dark. The display was in daytime mode, so it was blinding me. I adjusted the display intensity down so that helped a little. After drive a mile I found my headlights were not on. Imagine being blinded and no headlights! I turned ever control I could fine on the steering wheel. Nothing made a difference. I pulled over and changed my headlight setting to on. That changed the display to night and turned on the headlights. I could then proceed to work without getting into an accident.

My first drive from home was in the early morning, so it was dark. The display was in daytime mode, so it was blinding me. I adjusted the display intensity down so that helped a little. After drive a mile I found my headlights were not on. Imagine being blinded and no headlights! I turned ever control I could fine on the steering wheel. Nothing made a difference. I pulled over and changed my headlight setting to on. That changed the display to night and turned on the headlights. I could then proceed to work without getting into an accident.
I don't know if you noticed but there is a quick and easy way to turn on the headlights in one tap by just touching the headlight icon at the top left of the MCU. They've temporarily replaced the Lock icon with the Headlights icon while waiting for the automatic headlight functionality. Now that the automatic headlight functionality is rolling out, I wouldn't be surprised if that icon was replaced by the Lock icon once again.

LOL. That's exactly what I experienced as well. The display was blinding me. I just turned it all the way down. I didn't even think that the auto-day-night setting was not even in the car yet. Then a day later, I noticed that I didn't even have the headlights on.

I don't know if you noticed but there is a quick and easy way to turn on the headlights in one tap by just touching the headlight icon at the top left of the MCU. They've temporarily replaced the Lock icon with the Headlights icon while waiting for the automatic headlight functionality. Now that the automatic headlight functionality is rolling out, I wouldn't be surprised if that icon was replaced by the Lock icon once again.

Yes, I've noticed that the headlight icon after I've noticed that my headlight wasn't on. lol.

Yea, now they changed it back to a lock icon after we have the new update with the auto-headlight on/off

Just tested out the Speed Assist. I was traveling at a small local road and there are no Speed Assist speed limit showing, even after I drove past a speed limit sign. Seems like the speed assist is based on the GPS map info, instead of "reading" it from the camera, for now.

I love Tesla and I don't want to be the naysayer in the thread, but I'm gonna go for it:

These kinds of clues really seem to suggest that there's a lot of work cut out for AP 2.0's feature rollout.

Rudimentary detection of speed limit signs without adaptive cruise control seems straight out of Computer Vision 101 homework assignments… And given that there's zero safety implications tied into automatic car behavior for getting it wrong (e.g. no cruise control of any sort), it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't throw in the software ability to do so unless it really isn't ready.

Don't get me wrong. I love Tesla and AP functionality and consider myself forward-thinking. If Enhanced AP came out tomorrow and I saw a couple youtube videos suggesting it worked and was better than AP 1.0, I would be running into a Tesla store to trade in my 3-month-old AP 1.0 car in a heartbeat.