Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App notifications - is it me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Had my LR all of 9 days now. Very happy. One thing I can’t get to the bottom of is…..
I get a Tesla notification on my iphone 2 or 3 times a day, when I click on it it just opens the app.
I’m not sure what it’s telling me.
I’ve done a search, nothing.
It’s not a life-changing issue just wondered if anybody else was in a similar position?
It’s not charging, and sentry is off.
That said, sentry always seems to turn on when I park it, regardless of where it is (supposed to be switched off for home and work) and then I turn it off.
It’s all a fun learning curve!!
Thanks all.

F0218732-84EE-4CAB-8920-68D441EF1E77.jpeg

Mine tells me what it’s notifying me about. Do you not get this? (All the preheating was because it was brand new and I was a big child and used it all the time, for everything!)

To start with I just wondered if it was sentry, which had 917 activations the first night (windy night and car parked near a bush!). Now that’s off I am a bit lost.
The neighbour across the street said the car flashed him at 3am when he went into his kitchen and switched the light on. Classic, Skynet here we come!
Slow progress!!

Check your address on google maps.
My house is number 3 in the street, but the car thinks I'm parked at number 7 so doesn't think I'm at home and keeps sentry on. I've now got my home address as 7 and sentry switches off when I park.
I checked Google maps, and it is incorrect there. You can get it changed, but it's not a quick process.

If iPhone, you can set in Settings/Notifications whether to show a preview of the notification content. Choice of Always, When Unlocked or Never. This can be set globally at the top of the list or per app by clicking that app. If you’ve got previews off, then you only get what it sounds like you’re getting.

On Android, my Tesla App had a permanent badge notification of '1' no matter what I did. The notification just says 'Disconnected'. After some experimenting I realised this was the 'phone key status' notification - which just tells you whether your phone key is connected or not. If you long press on the notification, or go to Settings, Apps, Tesla App Info, Notifications, you should be able to get to this screen:
Screenshot_20220103-125916_Settings.jpg

Where you can click on 'Phone Key Status' to turn off the notification - like I have here. No more badge, no more notification hanging around.

On Android, my Tesla App had a permanent badge notification of '1' no matter what I did. The notification just says 'Disconnected'. After some experimenting I realised this was the 'phone key status' notification - which just tells you whether your phone key is connected or not. If you long press on the notification, or go to Settings, Apps, Tesla App Info, Notifications, you should be able to get to this screen:
View attachment 751371
Where you can click on 'Phone Key Status' to turn off the notification - like I have here. No more badge, no more notification hanging around.
Very helpful allowed me to turn off the slightly annoying notifications, thanks.

View attachment 751371
Although switching this off, you lose the ability to - Unlock/Lock car, open boot and open the bonnet when "connected" to your car quickly.
I've chosen to have mine on :)

Although switching this off, you lose the ability to - Unlock/Lock car, open boot and open the bonnet when "connected" to your car quickly.
I've chosen to have mine on :)
This just turns off the notification and the annoying '1' badge on the Tesla app, not the capability to use the phone as a key. You can still unlock and do all the phone magic tricks.

View attachment 751371
Thanks! The notification has vanished