Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Rate Plan - Ontario Hydro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the Charging Costs option finally appeared in my Tesla app.

It looks like we can set home charging rates - given the option of Toronto Hydro or Ontario. If I choose the latter - I'm in Guelph - I'm given the option of choosing a rate plan - HOC-R ; HOC-RS, HOC-RSTOU or HOC-RTOU - and there is no guidance on how to find this out, and a Google search is rather unsuccessful.

Any guidance?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I don't see this in my app. I am on iOS and I don't see a setting for Charge Stats. We are talking about the default Tesla app issued by the company, are we not?

The only part of the app that seems t deal with charging is the lightning bolt under the car graphic. Then there are settings for Controls, Climate, Location, Summon, Security, Upgrades, Service and Roadside.

I don't see this in my app. I am on iOS and I don't see a setting for Charge Stats. We are talking about the default Tesla app issued by the company, are we not?

The only part of the app that seems t deal with charging is the lightning bolt under the car graphic. Then there are settings for Controls, Climate, Location, Summon, Security, Upgrades, Service and Roadside.
Might need to update the app then. My iPhone shows the Charge Stats as one of the front page options, but I haven’t tinkered with it yet.

Currently, it looks like it only works on newer vehicles - maybe those with MCU2 or better? I don't have access to it for my Model S with MCU1, but do have it with the Model Y.

In my case it is giving me the wrong rate and when I try to override with the correct rate it wont allow me. Is there any workaround here? My provider is Alectra Utility and it is not on there. Any help is much appreciated.
I was able to change the rates after choosing RSTOU. Shows (edited) now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-222329_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220314-222329_Tesla.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 550
I received my MYLR 3 weeks ago, the charging stats appeared in the app only after the car software was updated to version 2022.3.101.1
From there I created my custom plan using my real electricity rates. N.B.: include HST for more accurate cost.
The app allows you to customize everything i.e. seasons as well as off peak, on peak and mid peak rates and times

Reactions: Suspect
I am on toronto hydro time of use and the rates don’t match what is on my bill but is there a chance other charges are being blended in (like delivery, regulatory and HST?
I made a spreadsheet to calculate actual costs, using Toronto Hydro's published rate information, and it matched my bill within a few cents. I'm on tiered pricing, not TOU, but I manually entered the cost for tier 1 into the Tesla app. (I've never used enough electricity in a month to reach tier 2).

Last edited:
Fellas - I’m manually setting the rate plan in my app and it wants me to enter “buy” and “sell” prices for electricity. Any idea what that’s all about? My rate plan just has good ol’ on/off/super off peak. I don’t “sell” back anything but the app won’t let me enter a zero in that field. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 4FE306ED-1832-4819-87E0-E95BF057D1C1.png
    4FE306ED-1832-4819-87E0-E95BF057D1C1.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 188