Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Car Play?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. SMS integration for safe communication when driving
2. Waze integration. TeslaWaze is useless now due to the dysfunctional browser

1: Tesla could add Bluetooth MAP profile for proper SMS features (contacts are already there)
2: Tesla would be better off by adding proper browser, if unable, Opera can provide a safe and fast framework that requires very little bandwidth and processing power.

I hope Tesla never introduces carplay. I am all Apple all the time (Apple Music Macs iPhones and iPads) but the CarPlay experience is Terrible. My wife’s Audi has it and her confusion dealing with the multi system problem (Audi native vs CarPlay) is pretty maddening, what map to use? What nav to use?

I am happy Tesla is focused on the experience and won’t compromise it with CarPlay. It would be great to see a native Apple Music app!

• Informative
Reactions: jgs
I hope Tesla never introduces carplay. I am all Apple all the time (Apple Music Macs iPhones and iPads) but the CarPlay experience is Terrible. My wife’s Audi has it and her confusion dealing with the multi system problem (Audi native vs CarPlay) is pretty maddening, what map to use? What nav to use?

I am happy Tesla is focused on the experience and won’t compromise it with CarPlay. It would be great to see a native Apple Music app!

You know, if they do add CarPlay, you are not obligated to use it! Not sure how CarPlay would compromise anything.

My wife's car has factory nav and CarPlay. Just never use the factory option, so it is not an issue.

Personally, find the CarPlay options very easy to use for nav, messaging, email. Like the fact that music collection and art is consistent across my listening environments.

• Informative
Think we just need a Tesla App Store. Sent a tweet to Elon on this. Could be a good revenue stream and no other car company could probably pull it off. Personally, I would really like MyRadar on the maps.

That would be nice, but with CarPlay, we get things like Waze, which is already a CarPlay app. I'm not sure Google would develop a Waze app specifically for Tesla. On the other hand, Tesla could just put Android on there, and then we'd have access to the entire Android app library.

Here's a workaround at least for Apple music - Now that they've added the Web browser you can go to this website to play Apple music - Apple Music Player. You can use it from any web browser supposedly. I haven't actually tried it since I don't own a Tesla yet, but plan on getting one this year. If anyone tries it please let me know if it works.

Here's a workaround at least for Apple music - Now that they've added the Web browser you can go to this website to play Apple music - Apple Music Player. You can use it from any web browser supposedly. I haven't actually tried it since I don't own a Tesla yet, but plan on getting one this year. If anyone tries it please let me know if it works.
Won’t work as Tesla doesn’t allow the browser to play audio.