Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch keeps nagging me for AppleID password

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded my Apple Watch to iOS 6.0 and now it keeps nagging me for my AppleID password. I enter the password (using the keyboard on the phone) and the watch throws an error; "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again." I've tried this a dozen times. And, yes, I'm sure the password is correct. I'm copying it from my password manager app. Plus, the error message isn't about an incorrect password. It's an "unexpected error." Delightful.

It's been doing this for 24 hours and I'm ready to smash it with a brick. :mad: I've rebooted the watch but it hasn't helped.

Does anyone else have this problem? Searching online for a solution to this has been fruitless.

I had the password prompt this morning. Watch upgraded overnight.

I believe they have incorporated an App Store directly into the watch with the new watchOS.

it took my password without giving an error.

I’ll report back if it keeps asking.

The repeated prompting woke me up twice last night (I wear the watch to track my sleep). Waking me up in the middle of the night is not a way to get on my good side. The watch is now in a drawer. I'm going to call Apple this afternoon and see if they have a solution for this.

The repeated prompting woke me up twice last night (I wear the watch to track my sleep). Waking me up in the middle of the night is not a way to get on my good side. The watch is now in a drawer. I'm going to call Apple this afternoon and see if they have a solution for this.

I might hide the watch under a hammer if it woke me up. But, now that you mention it I didn't sleep well last night. Wonder if it was occasionally beeping?

As far as I know, the only data loss for clearing and re-pairing from backup is the credit cards in the apple wallet need to be re-authorized... I'd start with that.

Just got off the phone with Apple. Made my way to a third tier support person whose solution was to unpair the watch and then pair it again, restoring the watch from backup in the process. (Apparently, the phone backs up the watch automatically because there was a watch backup that was less than an hour old and I've never manually backed the watch up.)

The unpair/pair/restore process was lengthy, largely due to the "resyncing" process, but we'll see if that fixes it. I should know in an hour or two.

The L3 support person is supposed to be emailing me his direct contact info so that if this doesn't work I can contact him directly and pick up where we left off.

Just got off the phone with Apple. Made my way to a third tier support person whose solution was to unpair the watch and then pair it again, restoring the watch from backup in the process. (Apparently, the phone backs up the watch automatically because there was a watch backup that was less than an hour old and I've never manually backed the watch up.)

The unpair/pair/restore process was lengthy, largely due to the "resyncing" process, but we'll see if that fixes it. I should know in an hour or two.

The L3 support person is supposed to be emailing me his direct contact info so that if this doesn't work I can contact him directly and pick up where we left off.
I just got a new iPhone, so I unpaired my Watch from the old one and paired with the new one. Backup up the phone and restored to the new one too. The Watch did indeed make the same annoying request afterwards, but so far only once. I'm hoping it stops nagging after that once, but we shall see.

This strikes me as an "I'm clueless, so let's try power cycling." solution, but sometimes that fixes the problem. It's sufficiently annoying that I wouldn't recommend it as a fix, but since I was doing it anyway a fix would be a nice side-effect.

Oh, I also had to log back in to my Tesla app after this. I also had to re-enable the phone as a key after pairing it to the car, but I assume that was because it was a new physical phone.

yes, I’ve reset and re-paired the watch several times. It resolved a battery drain problem. I think accumulated crap from numerous upgrades gets cleared.

the backup does get saved with the phone. If one wants to start fresh with the phone, they have to start fresh with the watch too..,