Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.7.10 (FSDb 11.4.2) quirks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2023.7.10 (FSDb 11.4.2) in my wife's 2018 Model 3 last night. The previous build was 2022.45.15 (FSDb 11.3.6). I noticed several new quirks, none of which are related to FSDb, so I'm not putting this in one of the FSDb threads.

The first quirk actually happened before installing the build, when I notified that the build was available for download. I went to check why it didn't download while the car was parked in the garage, and it turns out the car didn't connect to my home WiFi. When I tried to connect manually, it wouldn't accept the WiFi password (I tried many times). Meanwhile, my Model S in the same garage was connected to WiFi. After rebooting the Model 3, it was able to connect to WiFi automatically, and it downloaded the build.

After installing and rebooting, I drove a couple of times today. The first drive was uneventful, except that at one point the music app, which was playing Apple Music, showed the message "No Connectivity" even while it was successfully playing music (and the LTE indicator showed a decent connection).

The second drive was where things got weird. I was planning to use FSDb on that drive to see if it worked better for me, so I entered a destination in the nav. However, the driver visualization was only showing our car, no road/lane markers or other vehicles, and the grey steering wheel wasn't displayed so I couldn't enable AP. The visualization returned to normal after a couple of minutes and the grey steering wheel appeared, but that only lasted about 10 seconds. Meanwhile. the navigation system seemed to lose track of where we were, and started giving me (incorrect) instructions based on where I was a few minutes earlier. It did catch up eventually.

While this was going on, I noticed the auto wipers didn't work -- it was raining, but the wipers wouldn't come on until I put them on a manual setting. I assume that whatever was interfering with AP was also messing with Tesla Vision. When I got to my first destination, I rebooted again, but that didn't fix the problem. When I got to my second destination (a store) and parked, I got a message from the app while I was in the store saying that Sentry Mode was disabled due to a Sentry Mode System Error.

After I left the store, everything seemed to be working normally, so I used FSDb to drive home. I didn't notice any improvements, but it wasn't a long drive.

I don't think I've ever encountered any of these issues prior to installing 2023.7.10, and I know that others have reported strange behavior since installing this build. So, even though you might be anxious to get FSDb 11.4.2, use at your own risk.
Screenshot (207).png

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and navguy12
First time I’ve encountered this. The boxes are there, but they remain greyed out and (I think) there is some spinning symbol doing its thing.
That’s what I see too. On one occasion after installing 2023.7.10, the center rear camera came on (after a delay), but the rear side repeater cameras never did. You don’t realize how much you depend on those cameras until they don’t work. 🙂

Reactions: navguy12
That’s what I see too. On one occasion after installing 2023.7.10, the center rear camera came on (after a delay), but the rear side repeater cameras never did. You don’t realize how much you depend on those cameras until they don’t work. 🙂
Mine do come on after the first “need” fails (from a deep sleep start)…so for reverse, I put it back in park and then reverse and the camera pictures are there.

It’s like this version has some line of code out of whack that forgets to wake up the camera feed when the car wakes up.

Went on a 250 mile trip after the update. Used FSD for all but a few miles with little to no quirks. Changed lanes. No fantom breaking. Still has a few quirks off the highway but left turns were smoother. Though I seldom use it off the highway, I put it on to look for improvements.. Most turns were smoother and more human like. Makes highways driving more relaxing.

I live where the roads make many twists and turns. But I am not sure this is relavant. This update has the car slow down with just the cruise control even on sections of the road that is straight, where it wouldn't before. It slowed to 43 m/hr in a 55 m/hr speed zone with no traffic whereas it had no issues at these locations before. It repeats the behavior at the same places if driven there again.
Seeing no comments like mine, I assume I may need to have the car checked by service. It seems ok in the interstates.

I live where the roads make many twists and turns. But I am not sure this is relavant. This update has the car slow down with just the cruise control even on sections of the road that is straight, where it wouldn't before. It slowed to 43 m/hr in a 55 m/hr speed zone with no traffic whereas it had no issues at these locations before. It repeats the behavior at the same places if driven there again.
Seeing no comments like mine, I assume I may need to have the car checked by service. It seems ok in the interstates.
When the car slowed down, did the set TACC speed change, or did the car just brake? There are hundreds of threads here about phantom braking. Whatever you’re seeing is almost certainly a software issue, which service can’t help with.

Completed my first long distance trip with this software version, using TACC on HWY 7 west from Ottawa towards Toronto, over the weekend.

Many new, never before experienced phantom braking episodes, some seem to be tied to tire skid marks on the pavement, some tied to the point where the type/texture/colour of the pavement changes and some by the flashing light over an intersection that is in a dip (road dips as one approaches the intersection).