Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.7.10 (FSDb 11.4.2) quirks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2023.7.10 (FSDb 11.4.2) in my wife's 2018 Model 3 last night. The previous build was 2022.45.15 (FSDb 11.3.6). I noticed several new quirks, none of which are related to FSDb, so I'm not putting this in one of the FSDb threads.

The first quirk actually happened before installing the build, when I notified that the build was available for download. I went to check why it didn't download while the car was parked in the garage, and it turns out the car didn't connect to my home WiFi. When I tried to connect manually, it wouldn't accept the WiFi password (I tried many times). Meanwhile, my Model S in the same garage was connected to WiFi. After rebooting the Model 3, it was able to connect to WiFi automatically, and it downloaded the build.

After installing and rebooting, I drove a couple of times today. The first drive was uneventful, except that at one point the music app, which was playing Apple Music, showed the message "No Connectivity" even while it was successfully playing music (and the LTE indicator showed a decent connection).

The second drive was where things got weird. I was planning to use FSDb on that drive to see if it worked better for me, so I entered a destination in the nav. However, the driver visualization was only showing our car, no road/lane markers or other vehicles, and the grey steering wheel wasn't displayed so I couldn't enable AP. The visualization returned to normal after a couple of minutes and the grey steering wheel appeared, but that only lasted about 10 seconds. Meanwhile. the navigation system seemed to lose track of where we were, and started giving me (incorrect) instructions based on where I was a few minutes earlier. It did catch up eventually.

While this was going on, I noticed the auto wipers didn't work -- it was raining, but the wipers wouldn't come on until I put them on a manual setting. I assume that whatever was interfering with AP was also messing with Tesla Vision. When I got to my first destination, I rebooted again, but that didn't fix the problem. When I got to my second destination (a store) and parked, I got a message from the app while I was in the store saying that Sentry Mode was disabled due to a Sentry Mode System Error.

After I left the store, everything seemed to be working normally, so I used FSDb to drive home. I didn't notice any improvements, but it wasn't a long drive.

I don't think I've ever encountered any of these issues prior to installing 2023.7.10, and I know that others have reported strange behavior since installing this build. So, even though you might be anxious to get FSDb 11.4.2, use at your own risk.
Screenshot (207).png

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and navguy12
Finally got to try out 2023.7.10 - Went on a 50 mile drive, mixed city, highway, rural highway.
1 step forward, several steps backward from 2022.45.15, including:

:) 50 miles with no hands-on-steering-wheel nags!
The previous update had solved lane keeping on 2 lane rural roads. It was behaving nicely, now it's back to insisting on taking the left lane, even with oncoming traffic.
Came to dead full stop on highway each time meeting another vehicle.
Tried to climb foot tall curb to get up on median, two times.
Tried to merge into 75mph traffic while it was doing 30mph.
Very, very cautious at stop sigh + left turn. Took it around 45 seconds of creeping and holding before whipping a jerky high acceleration left turn with clear visibility in both directions and no cross traffic in sight.
Then blew through stop sign at 40 mph trying to dive into heavy cross traffic.:rolleyes:
Two or three dozen disengagements. Carefully recorded response to each. Tried to turn into a one-way street the wrong way, tried to scare oncoming car by pulling into left lane and accelerating toward it, wanted to limit speed to 25mph in 75mph traffic, wanted to do 75mph in 30mph zone, screamed at me for pulling back into my lane and "for my safety" corrected the driving, etc., etc. 😭

Disappointing. Previous update fixed so much stuff, I was feeling better about it. <sigh>

Reactions: BitJam
Just got 2023.7.10 from 2022.45.15.

Car says I'm also on FSDb v11.4.2...couldn't care less because I don't use it.

All I wanted was the larger font option and the left scroll wheel becoming a way to adjust a few items (like temperature, etc)...but no luck. :(

Just opt out
I paid $US 2,500 for it back in March 2019; that got me an upgraded computer.

The FSDb update notes do make me chuckle; back in the stone age, every year the OEMs would brag about things like “torsional rigidity is now 20% better” and the like…where one could get the impression that just four short model years ago the torsional rigidity was like cooked spaghetti.

Same with these FSDb notes; one could surmise that three or four versions ago it was running into retaining walls all the time.

When an FSDb update comes out and they drop the “b” and the one note announces that Tesla will assume legal liability when FSD is being used, then I’ll try it out around here.

I paid $US 2,500 for it back in March 2019; that got me an upgraded computer.

The FSDb update notes do make me chuckle; back in the stone age, every year the OEMs would brag about things like “torsional rigidity is now 20% better” and the like…where one could get the impression that just four short model years ago the torsional rigidity was like cooked spaghetti.

Same with these FSDb notes; one could surmise that three or four versions ago it was running into retaining walls all the time.

When an FSDb update comes out and they drop the “b” and the one note announces that Tesla will assume legal liability when FSD is being used, then I’ll try it out around here.
So you want to be months behind the features you want, without using it?

Tesla may never drop the B...good luck with that.

So you want to be months behind the features you want, without using it?

Tesla may never drop the B...good luck with that.
I didn’t say that at all.

I don’t want to be months behind the features I want, period.

It is incidental that FSDb comes along with these updates; it shouldn’t matter, everyone should have the large font option and the left scroll wheel as a controller option.

My hope is that a single stack situation occurs and that I can use TACC/NOA and have the car actually understand it shouldn’t stay exactly in the center of a lane regardless of the conditions of oncoming traffic.

I didn’t say that at all.

I don’t want to be months behind the features I want, period.

It is incidental that FSDb comes along with these updates; it shouldn’t matter, everyone should have the large font option and the left scroll wheel as a controller option.

My hope is that a single stack situation occurs and that I can use TACC/NOA and have the car actually understand it shouldn’t stay exactly in the center of a lane regardless of the conditions of oncoming traffic.
But if single stack is released for TACC/NOA, it will be on non-beta software. Why stay in the Beta build if you want these features?

You are just like the poster who hates the original version of v11, but refuses any more updates, regardless of improvements. You are doing this to yourself and there's no logical reason.

Again, opt out of Beta and you can have those features today...or you can wait months to get them and be upset, while not using Beta.

Reactions: flstcgranucci
You send an e-mail to [email protected] with your vin and request to opt out. You will be pushed to the latest non-Beta build. You can always come back. Many have done it. It can take a few days or weeks depending on how slow Tesla is, but some have reported it in 24 hours (rare).
I don't think that's necessary anymore. You no longer have to opt in -- everyone with FSD will get builds that have the FSD Beta option. It doesn't do anything unless you enable it on Controls > Autopilot. The person who asked about opting out never opted in.

Some of the features like left scroll wheel customization and text size are are only available on the 3 and Y. My S, which does not have FSD, is on 2023.12.9 and doesn't have either of those features.

No problem. I'd put in the e-mail that you no longer want to be behind the main build and want the new features as they are released...something like that.

My next-door neighbor opted out to get the left scroll wheel changes.
That sums things up perfectly.

I’ve just sent in the request; I’ll post here once it happens.

I am somewhat surprised that the latest features are not included with the FSDb, but live and learn. :)

I don't think that's necessary anymore. You no longer have to opt in -- everyone with FSD will get builds that have the FSD Beta option. It doesn't do anything unless you enable it on Controls > Autopilot. For example, the person who asked about opting out never opted in. Some of the features like left scroll wheel customization are only available on certain models, so the fact that you don't have them isn't necessarily because of FSD Beta.
Well, I guess I’ll be the guinea pig.

New bug for me with this build: My cameras (back up or turn signal) don’t show any video for the first few seconds if the car is started from a deep sleep state. Once the car has had the demand for camera video once, they work in accordance with manufacturer specifications.