Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

APR for Financing Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing 72 month through pvfcu for 1.49%.
Rate requires autopay, which I was going to do anyway.

To join them I had to donate $10 to some historical Mennonite society. They handled it all, I'm mailing in my membership with a notarized stamped today.
I contacted them and they will no longer do business this way. They are limiting memberships to people in the Shenandoah Valley VA area as described on their website. Oh well.

The Model S configurator currently uses 1.99% to estimate monthly payments. While the screenshots posted in this thread show that the Model 3 configurator uses 2.74%. I was expecting to be able to get the same financing rate on the Model 3 as the Model S, but it looks like the offer for the Model 3 is 0.75% higher. I wonder why that's the case. From the lender's perspective, wouldn't a smaller loan be less risky?

We pick up our M3 3-3-18. Tesla via Chase Bank offered us 3.34% 72mo 20% Down. I went with my CU and got 1.95% same 72mo and 20% Down. Two days and counting!

I did Delta Community Credit Union for 3.37% 84 months financed 50k on a loaded car. Seems like I could have done better based on some of these rates but I wanted to longer term for lesser payment just cause even though I will pay off soon.

I did DCCU also. Let's talk financing rates

Looks like rates are up .1% since I locked in 2 weeks ago. I think they adjust the rates on the first of each month.

So did you guys wait to receive a call or Vin before getting financing?

I got the ball rolling with the financing just after I configured last week. Some places will guarantee your rate for 60 days which is also the case with the credit union I'm going with. Hopefully my delivery is in less than 60 days! You should be able to get a loan approval and lock in your rate before you receive a VIN.

Placed my order on the 22nd but have yet to receive any call from Tesla.

Reactions: mako7c4
I was able to get 1.99% for 72mo from Financial Partner CU. This includes a .25% reduction w/ autopay setup.

I heard back from Ryan at FPCU tonight that my loan has been approved. I’m likely one of the last ones out of state that was able to get in as Ryan informed me that there is now a hold on out of state loans for their credit union.