Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all configured based on the estimated 3-6 weeks delivery window. Some folks did receive their VINs within the estimated window. We received or most of us received the email that we would be delayed our deliveries to either June or July. Some people got the June email and have not received their car and others received the July email and received their cars in June.

Most people agreed on the speculation that the reason we are being delayed is because of Tesla avoiding hitting the 200k car delivered in Q2 so that the $7500 tax credit could possibly go until the end of 2018.

Fine. Nothing we can do about that as it is all in the past. No more excuses it is the beginning of Q3. I am at 9 weeks and others probably at 11 weeks.

My Details:
3/31/16 Reservation
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
Red/Sport/EAP
Selected Westmont Il. for Delivery
All boxes have been checked

I have called Tesla only twice in the over two years of waiting and they were super nice but had no information to give.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was a line waiter. All buttons checked as well.

3/31/16 Reservation (line waiter)
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
White/Sport/EAP
Selected Fremont for Delivery

Nothing. No calls.....nothing.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was a line waiter. All buttons checked as well.

3/31/16 Reservation (line waiter)
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
White/Sport/EAP
Selected Fremont for Delivery

Nothing. No calls.....nothing.
You sir are my twin...finally another invite on 2/22 and config on 4/30. The only difference is the white and red. Definitely keep us posted on your progress. I had so many plans this summer as far as road trips in July but luckily did not make reservations just in case.

I stood in line at 3 am...on 3/31/16 thinking I was crazy but then people starting to show up at 4:30 am and then soon we had a huge line outside the store. Truth be told I got a hotel room on 3/30/16 and then showed up on 3/31 because no service center near me.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
3/31/16 Reserved online
4/18/18 Received invite
5/25/18 Configured (LR,PUP,Pearl white,19" wheels)

Still waiting and have not heard from them. Edit configuration option still appears when switching Trade-in option to 'yes'. Live < 30 min from the factory (without traffic).

3/31/16 Reserved online
4/18/18 Received invite
5/25/18 Configured (LR,PUP,Pearl white,19" wheels)

Still waiting and have not heard from them. Edit configuration option still appears when switching Trade-in option to 'yes'. Live < 30 min from the factory (without traffic).
Omg that's close to the factory. You would think it would be easy delivery for them.

Just got the ISA call today, delivery set for 7/9 in Costa Mesa.

White/LR/PUP/Aero/EAP/FSD*

Reserved 3/31/16, online
Invited 4/18/18
Waited to config 5/31/18
Edit Button disappeared 6/27/18
Didn't get actual VIN until today 7/6/18 when the ISA called: 319XX**
Delivery set for 7/9/18, 3:15pm

Never received June/July delay email since I configured after 5/20/18 when those were sent out.

*Added FSD three days ago when I called in and confirmed it would not affect my place in line or premium LTE for life
**They previously told me 3XXXX then 31XXX when I called, but wouldn't give full VIN

Just got the ISA call today, delivery set for 7/9 in Costa Mesa.

White/LR/PUP/Aero/EAP/FSD*

Reserved 3/31/16, online
Invited 4/18/18
Waited to config 5/31/18
Edit Button disappeared 6/27/18
Didn't get actual VIN until today 7/6/18 when the ISA called: 319XX**
Delivery set for 7/9/18, 3:15pm

Never received June/July delay email since I configured after 5/20/18 when those were sent out.

*Added FSD three days ago when I called in and confirmed it would not affect my place in line or premium LTE for life
**They previously told me 3XXXX then 31XXX when I called, but wouldn't give full VIN
April configs getting some love finally

Lol just saw this Dave,
Honestly i love the people here, but It makes me more anxious reading the forums with all the quick deliveries vs being ignorant. I might stay away for a bit to help my blood pressure, might ...
I understand. It’s frustrating to keep waiting. Today was a good day for me. I live vicariously through @MissyMcBee lol. I am happy that someone that configured in April is finally getting their car. Gives me hope :eek:

True Dave that is nice for missybee, there must be a pit of us April configs they are waiting to pull the trigger on and get all caught up.

It’s funny cause the original reason they gave for the April config delays was that too many people configured at once, then before they deliver to us, they open up configs to every reservation for a further backlog. lt seems the reasoning is a little off, or we are forgotten about.

True Dave that is nice for missybee, there must be a pit of us April configs they are waiting to pull the trigger on and get all caught up.

It’s funny cause the original reason they gave for the April config delays was that too many people configured at once, then before they deliver to us, they open up configs to every reservation for a further backlog. lt seems the reasoning is a little off, or we are forgotten about.
Exactly!

I was planning on going to My sisters in Carlsbad next week and to Ensenada as I thought I would have Model 3 but oh well. Birthday is July 13th but it seems no present for me lol.

Lol just saw this Dave,
Honestly i love the people here, but It makes me more anxious reading the forums with all the quick deliveries vs being ignorant. I might stay away for a bit to help my blood pressure, might ...
You’re not alone, many of us have been frustrated watching 6/27 & 6/28 invites get Vins and delivery dates well before all of us... not to mention folks with July delivery delay emails getting their cars in june.... I got my first communications from Tesla and it felt like I won the lottery but I still have no idea when I can collect! Lol! :rolleyes: I hope that you and our friends on this forum get the communication and delivery info that is deserved sooner than later..:D

Reactions: daver6640