Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Fools FSD Download button.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I'm wrong, but I have this sneaky suspicion that next week we'll see a tweet that they still need a little more time as it's not done with QC yet, but will be ready soon, then on April 1st, we'll get a tweet that the button is live, but when we click it, it will be an April fools joke.

As someone who also has the sense of humor of a 12 year old, I can see this happening. It explains the all of a sudden rush from "slow and careful" of 50 non employee testers to "anyone that wants it"

I hope I'm wrong, but I have this sneaky suspicion that next week we'll see a tweet that they still need a little more time as it's not done with QC yet, but will be ready soon, then on April 1st, we'll get a tweet that the button is live, but when we click it, it will be an April fools joke.

As someone who also has the sense of humor of a 12 year old, I can see this happening. It explains the all of a sudden rush from "slow and careful" of 50 non employee testers to "anyone that wants it"

I hope you are wrong too. If Tesla did that, I would flip out. I would be so mad if it was all a joke.

It doesn’t sound like a joke because:

1) Elon said ~10 days, which would mean around St. Patrick’s day. As a planned joke, that seems too way off a number/date to give.

2) Elon said 2 times the current public beta testing pool for vs 8.2, and 10 times the number for vs 8.3. He didn’t say anyone/everyone that applies/wants it.

But granted, I’m just talking intent, not successful execution of intent. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It doesn’t sound like a joke because:

1) Elon said ~10 days, which would mean around St. Patrick’s day. As a planned joke, that seems too way off a number/date to give.

2) Elon said 2 times the current public beta testing pool for vs 8.2, and 10 times the number for vs 8.3. He didn’t say anyone/everyone that applies/wants it.

But granted, I’m just talking intent, not successful execution of intent. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Your points are about the expansion. I believe those are 100% legit. He said after that, the button would be used for anyone who wants it and it would download the beta after they connect to wifi and they agree to the terms.

I hope you are wrong too. If Tesla did that, I would flip out. I would be so mad if it was all a joke.
Be prepared to "flip out" and "be so mad'. Besides the "joke" part those of us that have been around since (and purchased cars with (me)) AP1 / AP2 / AP2.5 / AP3 we have had the same GutPunch more than you can count on 3 hands.

Any pics of the new button or EULA text that we need to accept?

No. Apparently they aren't allowed to take a picture of the new button and from a couple of the beta testers, it seems like there is something offensive or some trolling on the button.

I don't know why people want to see a picture of the button so badly... It is just a button:

FSD Button.jpg

Edit: It appears that the tweet has been deleted.

I don't know why people want to see a picture of the button so badly... It is just a button:

View attachment 643386

From a tweet that has been deleted.

I'll take whatever I can get, thanks!

We've been burned so many times with "FSD coming this year" and "everyone who bought will be part of early access", etc etc that any small news is good news! That screenshot makes it that much more real!