Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnids... Who is waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been 6 months since order was placed. Anyone else waiting?

I thought perhaps once the referral program ended the processing time would shorten. This does not seem to be the case. Order placed early Nov and still nothing.

Would like to know order date and date delivered from members over the last year.

Last edited:
Ordered my arachnids late December. Haven’t heard anything and can no longer track in the Tesla app.

My first award (the charger) took about 5-6 months, but the second referral (mini model S for kids) was available and ordered within a couple of days!

No idea whether there's any correlation, but when news of the Model S powertrain, suspension, etc. updates came out a couple of weeks ago, I discussed a potential purchase with a Tesla sales advisor and he confirmed (to my chagrin) that Arachnid wheels are no longer available as an off-the-menu item.

I’m waiting for about the same amount of time as you
Ordered my arachnids late December. Haven’t heard anything

To know that I'm not the only one waiting is reassuring.

No idea whether there's any correlation, but when news of the Model S powertrain, suspension, etc. updates came out a couple of weeks ago, I discussed a potential purchase with a Tesla sales advisor and he confirmed (to my chagrin) that Arachnid wheels are no longer available as an off-the-menu item.

I doubt there is a correlation. I suspect the Arachnids will be discontinued following completion of the referral program.

Ordered mine December 3rd 2018. Still waiting. Sent a couple of emails. One reply, said they are “sourcing the parts”. Hope that their current financial situation doesn’t impact honoring the referral program rewards.

fyi, I got mine a couple of weeks ago on my P85 (ordered last November). I consider myself pretty well-read on the referral program and was surprised to learn on the day of install that the referral wheel/tires are staggered. The very nice service guys said that's the only configuration....I wasn't crazy about that, but they were free, and they do look very nice...

• Love
Reactions: divemaster
6 months later:

"Dear Rui,

Thank you for contacting Referral Program.

I have checked on your concern and can confirm that the ARACHNID Wheels is already selected.

Unfortunately, i do not have any lead time for the Wheels at this very moment.

The issue basically is that our tire partners that are supposed to assemble the parts (summer tires and rims) gave priority to servicing their own customers because of the winter season in Europe.

This led to a huge backlog of deliveries.

We are however working diligently to get you a more precise ETA and we will update you as soon as we have further information from our Tire provider.

We will post updates on Referral Programonce updates are available.

Note: Please do not reply to this email as it will not be read. For more information and updates, please visit our website: Referral Program

Kind Regards,"

Because "winter is coming" again in a few months, I'll probably have to wait for global warming to kick in, before Tesla can deliver the Arachnid!

Well you have the 'normal' brake groaning to look forward to once you get them fitted.
I've been riding on arachnids for a couple weeks, and spend too much of my time in 0-5mph stop and go traffic. Haven't experienced this, although I would rarely hear it with the 19s if i was gently letting the brakes slide, partially applied.

EDIT: Upon further thought, I don't have creep turned on. I imagine if you did, you'd be partially modulating your brakes much more frequently and hear this more often. My suggestion/opinion: creep is for ICE cars with automatic transmissions, embrace the EV lifestyle and shut it off ;)

En nu met foto’s

Attachments

• 0BCB8E65-A1F2-4684-9D44-60C823A0D002.jpeg
    0BCB8E65-A1F2-4684-9D44-60C823A0D002.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 12F5D1BA-B097-4B98-9DB7-F3B1B556E394.jpeg
    12F5D1BA-B097-4B98-9DB7-F3B1B556E394.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 77A646C7-F309-4EF2-B372-7582AF0F60A6.jpeg
    77A646C7-F309-4EF2-B372-7582AF0F60A6.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 49